Monday, October 10, 2011

Layton 1/2 Marathon

This is an embarrassing post, but it is all true and I have edited to a point


.


.


.


.


.


Saturday, October 8, 2011

(Remember This Post?) Jason and I finally had our race... We arrived at (Swan Lakes) Park bright (well, NOT so bright) and early at 6:00AM to catch the bus that took us out to the starting line. We were shuttled out to the middle of the causeway leading to Antelope Island. We were suppose to start at 7:30, but didn't get going until 8:00. We finally started the race and all was great for the first half of the race... At about the 6 mile mark I began feeling quite ill, and I don't mean like running to hard kind of ill. I mean like FLU FEELINGS kind of ill. Luckily for me it was at the mark because there was a porta-potty (sorry if that is TMI) I was sick sick sick the rest of the race... I came out of the bathroom and proceeded to throw up (for the first time). Because I was loosing all the calories I needed, I decided to grab a pack of this electrolyte booster gel... BAD IDEA... threw up again. Needless to say I was stopping every 1-2 miles to throw up or use the bathroom until the end. By the time I got to mile 11 I was almost walking. I would go back and forth with other runners that would walk then run, walk then run... I just kept moving as quickly as my feet could move without actually walking. I knew that if I stopped I would NOT START again... I hit the last med-station and an old friend from High School was there and gave me a boost of cheer in my step and maybe 100-150 yards later my brother came up from behind me (I thought he was long gone ahead of me due to my getting sick so frequently) but he had a hard time on the up hill part of the course so we were together for the last mile-ish...See the lade in black behind me??? I had been getting passed back and forth with her for the last 3 miles and I decided I WAS NOT letting her pass me one more time so I took off and tried to catch the girl in blue (which I didn't) but I also didn't get beat by the girl in black.Not a glamorous picture at 13.1 miles...AND THE END...



Jason finishing strong.

Tenisha (ran the 5K... at 15 weeks pregnant)... we just found out LAST NIGHT; Jason; and ME (I was freezing and stiff and sore and still throwing up all day long)

The proud expecting family... LOVE YOU GUYS Congratulations (Kotah in the background)

Me, Kaiya, Jeremiah, Kotah, and Kenai


As I came along the last stretch and it became clear that I was done with the most horrible, terrible, torturous thing I had ever done to myself I was so overcome with emotion that I did indeed begin to cry. Then as I saw these little guys appear one by one along that stretch it meant even more to me to have them there to help me keep going despite the fact that I was in so much gut wrenching pain (worse than any of my labors/deliveries... there is no epidural when this gets too hard to handle... you just have to keep going)


3 comments:

Tyanna said...

You guys are awesome! I could never do that!

P.S. I didn't know about Jason and Tenisha! You'll have to tell them congrats from me!

Megan said...

That's so awesome Sharcy! One day I'll be able to do that. ;) I hope.

Tina said...

Sharcy, I am impressed with anybody that can say they have run a half marathon. Great job!! I'm sorry you had such a rough go, I'm sure a lot of it had to do with nerves (or maybe you had some type of bug). I have heard that people get the 'runs' when 'running'. So sorry! But the great thing is, you pushed through!!!