Friday, July 22, 2011

My Reward.... for 140lbs

So as you are all well aware I had a baby in January. In the past when I have had a baby I opted NOT TO WORK OUT AND LOSE THE WEIGHT... really it was just that I was too lazy at the time. After Kenai turned 1 I decided that I was finally ready to get rid of the weight I had carried around since expecting Kotah. I was SO NOT going to do that again!!! After I went in for my Post-Natal exam and was cleared for physical activity I decided that I was absolutely going to get rid of every last pound I had gained with Kaiya (and do it as quickly as I safely could). So starting the second week of March my brother/sister-in-law, sister/brother-in-law, Mom, Dad, and myself all started a sorta weight loss contest. We were to each weigh in with our "Starting Weight". I am going to put mine on here....... okay maybe not!!! haha We then each set a goal. Mine (as previously posted) was to reach 140lbs by the 4th of July. Upon accomplishing said goal we were given a $50 reward as well as $1/pound lost to get to that goal. As of July 2nd I was able to accomplish my goal. Everyone else is still working on theirs, but I am please to announce that with the money I was able to finally get something I've been wanting since I started running again...


I GOT ME SOME NEW SHOES!!!!!
With this new purchase I have decided that I am willing/able to finally do something I have been too scared to do in the past... I AM SIGNING UP FOR AND GOING TO RUN IN THE HAUNTED HALF MARATHON IN LAYTON ON OCTOBER 8TH... oh-my-gosh I am already so nervous, but I also SOSOSOS want to do this.... AAHHH!!!!

(also... I have convinced my brother, maybe his wife and my sister, to do it with me)

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Sharc that Is AWESOME! Way to go! You can totally do it! Can't wait to hear all about your experience.

Tina said...

What a great motivator! I love that you were doing it as a family. Nice job! And keep it up!!! And it is amazing what some new good shoes does for a workout! I'm ready to get some new ones, my feet and legs are starting to kill me!

Tyanna said...

That is so awesome, Sharcy! Way to go! I wish I was as motivated as you!

The Roholts said...

ME TOO!!! Where does this motivation come from?! I could use it! I think if there was money involved from the fam I could muster some up :) Good Job!