Friday, July 29, 2011

Where did it go???

There are just some months where I sit down to budget and balance the finances and think, "What the crap happened to that money we were saving?".... well this month it seems like there were a few purchases that were necessary and others that were "necessary" (as you'll see).


1. Gunner was attacked by a cat and his neck got all scratched up and infected... therefore he had to have surgery (and we got him fixed at the same time) there was $500+ we didn't expect to have to spend.


2. I was using the camera to take pictures of the kiddos when it just STOPPED WORKING, I kid you not... I took a picture then tried taking another one and IT REFUSED TO WORK EVER AGAIN!!!!


3. After a few more loose animals in the neighborhood got out and decided to "play" with our injured pup (He is only a PUGGLE so he will always be a "pup") we stopped putting off the fence for the yard.... (That could have paid off my student loans)


4. With the previously mentioned stray animals, somehow our BBQ got knocked over and discontinued its services for us.... JER "had" to have a new one (but I do love it).


5. We finally replaced many of the light fixtures in our house with much better ones/ceiling fans (still need to install 2) and they are a wonderful addition to the coolness of our home.


6. Jeremiah decided that he wanted to start lifting weights and working out with some co-workers after work each night so in order to do that he had to have a GYM MEMBERSHIP... (he got a discount for working on base so I got one too) BUT with all the overtime he has been working not only does he NOT use his yet, but I have only gotten to go maybe a dozen times.


7. Jeremiah was feeling sick and needed to see a doctor that turned out to be nothing, but we still have to pay a freaking ridiculous amount (because we still have NO INSURANCE) to have been checked out and told, "You'll be feeling fine in a few days. However, if you aren't then come back." Thanks Doc!


Its at times like this that I think to myself... "Oh-well, you can't control what happens around you in your life. And really how are these things going to impact my personal progress on an eternal scale? They aren't. So we take them with stride and enjoy all the good things we get out of them and just hope that we can save up again so that when these things do happen we are able to trudge through and survive them again.... and again.... and again. Because we all know that is exactly what happens. Okay just my little rant about how it seems money leaves our hands faster than we can get our hands on it! That is all.


No comments: