Just another day in the Sudyka home. Today was the last Saturday before I start back to work. Yesterday was the LAST Friday that I was able to pick Kotah up from school. Me, his mother, will not be picking him up on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from now until May. And while this may seem like a perfectly normal situation to many mothers, to me this make me feel as though I am not fulfilling my responsibilities to him. I have a wonderful, reliable friend that provided rides home for him last year and will do so again this year, but I feel like it SHOULD BE ME doing it every time. I like my work. I know that the students I work with need good, positive influences in their live that they get from me and my co-workers. My co-workers are great. How many people can go to work and know that they are going to get their work done while laughing and enjoying who they are working with? I can. If/when there is conflict we work well together to fix the issue and accomplish our common goals for those students. I know life will go on and Kotah will get home, do his homework, get his reading done and anything else he will need to do all before I get home from work. I'll get home just in time for Jeremiah to head to bed (he is still working 12 hour shifts from 2AM to 2:30PM), I'll get the kids some dinner, check that everything is ready for school the next day, have shower time, and get them tucked into bed by 8 each night. I will actually be seeing Kotah less time than Jeremiah will be and I only work 3 hours a day. Getting back to this schedule will be difficult for me, but much like other issues in our lives I'll keep that from the kids so they can enjoy what they are involved in.
SO... Today's activities...
Jer went to work 2:00AM
The kids and I get up for the day 7:00AM
Jer surprises us by getting off work early 7:30AM
We head to Kenai's soccer game 10:00 AM
I am asked to coach Kenai's team 10:01AM
I start thinking "what was I thinking" 10:20AM
I am relived to be finished with dealing with 3/5 kids on Kenai's team 11:00 (Kenai and another were okay)
We head home for NAP time with Kaiya (and Jeremiah) 11:30-1:10 Jer did MOW THE LAWN first
We head to Kotah's game (to start at 2) 1:40
We start Kotah's game 2:30 (YES they were that behind)
Kotah's team wins in a landslide 3:30PM
We went to visit a friend that recently moved from SLC to Kaysville to play pool :) 4:00PM
We came home for bed at 9:00PM
Everyone in bed (but me) 9:15PM
Everyone ASLEEP!!!!! 9:17PM
What a Saturday!!! Good times, good memories... Here's to starting the busiest week of the month on MONDAY :) Wish us all luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment