Our sad looking, yet dependable and reliable old "Happy Birthday" banner.
For breakfast Kenai wanted pancakes and eggs... He was so thrilled I tried (and succeeded) to make it a "5". After breakfast he got dressed, in his new shirt, for preschool.
While at school he was the best behaved kiddo ever, he was able to hand out fruit snacks for each of his classmates and when he got home he was "finally" (as he put it) able to open his present from Miss Sara.
Since Jeremiah is STILL working 12 hour shifts we weren't sure how much overlap we'd have after I got home from work so when Jer showed up home early from work we had Kenai open our present then....
LOVE HIS REACTION!!!!
Since Jeremiah has been practicing with his bow/arrows for the buffalo hunt next month the boys have been sharing Kotah's bow... getting Kenai his own will make things a lot more peaceful during their practices :)
I'm so glad I finished his cake and took his picture BEFORE I went to work because while I was there Jer cooked the Cheese Pizza Kenai wanted for dinner and the heat from the oven melted some of the frosting and smeared the writing.
My parents got him his own fishing pole with some of the limited basics for starting with fishing (that will come in handier next spring/summer.
Bryce, Syrie and Stryder got him this "Combat" get-up with the helmet, chest protection and gun (it didn't come off all night). Jason, Tenisha, Jovi, and Brooks got him Chocolate Snack Paks and (what else) Mt. Dew
Having birthdays are just another excuse to invite family over and spend time forming wonderful memories. (above: Great Grandpa Bennington) (below: Great Grandma Bennington)
(above: Grandma Bennington and Syrie) (below: Tenisha w/Brooks, Bryce, and Grandpa Bennington)
(above: Kenai killing the spider that is attacking Jason haha and Jovi) (below: Kenai and Mommy)
While I was at work Kenai got a delivery all the way from OREGON. Grandma Anita and Darren were so wonderful and thoughtful to make a special order that was delivered to him. There were balloons and a bull dog. Thank you so much for remembering his special day and doing what was possible from so far away.
We all love you so much Kenai. 5 years down and still so much to learn.

















1 comment:
Your kids are darling!
I can't get over that pancake. How in the world did you flip it????
Post a Comment