So far this year these little guys have been doing AWESOME. Our first game was sort of a disaster. We hadn't had a practice yet and of the 8 kids on the team 2 had played before... needless to say we played a team with 6 returning players from previous years and we didn't do too great.
The last game (before Labor Day Weekend) we had only 5 players. I had to have Kenai play with them (as previously posted) and THEY KILLED THE OTHER TEAM.
This last Saturday we had almost all our players there and since the other team had more players than we did our guys were all able to play the whole game (with 4 rotating into the Goalie position). Again, our kids KILLED THE OTHER TEAM. I pulled each player back as they rotated through scoring a goal. As the game wore on there were more and more of our players hanging in the back field than were pushing up to score and yet we still dominated control of the ball.
My dad was nice enough to capture these pictures on Saturday. Since I'm coaching I can't take any pictures and Jeremiah is always watching the game as well as Kenai and Kaiya so taking pictures isn't on his "to do" list while at the games.
I LOVE THIS PICTURE ABOVE!!!
I am glad we were fortunate enough to get a few boys that picked up the flow of the game quickly and are FEARLESS when it comes to charging through the other players :) So far this Fall season has been successful with just the individual improvement in many of the boys... We'll keep ya posted.






No comments:
Post a Comment