Kenai was a super soccer player today. I am coaching Kotah's team and we had 3 of our 8 players inform me that they were NOT going to be to the game today. Well, since Kenai has the same colored jersey as Kotah's team I quietly put him on the field with Kotah and the other players so we could play with 5 on the field and 1 in the goal. I was a little worried that he'd be way below skill-wise, after the game I felt bad I had doubted him. He scored 2 GOALS. Not to be outdone KOTAH also scored 2 GOALS.
When we left Kotah's game (which started at 9) and got to Kenai's game (which started at 10) we got there just as the teams were lining up to kick off and start the game. I was thankful for the fact Kenai was getting to sit out the first quarter since he had just played for practically an hour with the bigger kids.
Kenai was NOT finished playing well though. He got in and played the last 3 quarters and went on to score a few more goals here also (including the one he is retrieving above, aftere taking it away from the other team and dribbling all the way down the field to the goal). I am glad that even though he talks like he doesn't want to play, that when it come time to actually get out and play he PLAYS HIS HEART OUT!!
I am so happy with the skills he is developing both pertaining to the game of soccer as well as how to deal with kids that just keep "Making him so mad" by grabbing him and pulling/pushing him down. Keep up the good work Kenai and keep striving for improvement and fun.




1 comment:
They're just taking after you, Sharc!
Post a Comment