Friday, June 1, 2012

End of Kindergarten Field Trip

Kotah has been looking forward to 1st grade ever since we started walking to school more and he has actually gotten to ride his bike (the last week) getting ready for the transition into getting to school on his own.  He practices with me and I hope he follows the safety stuff we talk about later when he goes it alone. 
 Kotah's class has had 4 field trips this year (Ogden Nature Center, Ogden Dinosaur Park, the Zoo and The Treehouse Museum) all of which have been in the mornings (even though his class is in the afternoon) so I haven't been able to go... this LAST field trip however I was able to go because it was in the afternoon.
 We didn't go anywhere extreme or special (for us anyway) it was just walking from the school toward our house to play at the park just West of us... where we play all the time anyway.
 We got there safely with all the kids and they were able to play for quite some time (maybe an hour) before the pizza was delivered... (here is Kotah with one of his friends)

Kotah Playing with his Best Girl Friend, they are so cute together and I love that I know her mom and I have no problems with her (you know what I mean... some kids are cute, but when you meet the parents it is like "oh no, how do I deal with this for the sake of their friendship"... don't judge me :) you know I'm telling it how it is.
 After everyone ate we ordered up the kids into their line again and started the walk back to the school... upon arrival Kotah and I got his bike and made the walk/ride back the exact way we had just come, this time heading on home and over to drop Kotah off at my mom's until Jer got there 10 minutes after I had to leave for work.
 Here's to moving forward into 1st grade next year.

No comments: