Monday, May 7, 2012

Ron and Sabrina

The last weekend in April included a wonderfully delightful visit from Jeremiah's sister Sabrina and her husband Ron.  The two of them are being relocated from Tennessee to Washington with Ron's job so they decided to take a road trip along the way.  We were their 2nd to last stop before reaching their destination.
Jeremiah and I went to Ron and Sabrina's wedding in Las Vegas back in August of 2006, that was the last time we saw the two of them together.  Sabrina was in Oregon for Bill (Jer and Sabrina's Dad) and Debra's wedding in August 2010.  It was so comfortable to visit and spend time with them you'd think we got to sit and talk more frequently than we actually have.
I took these pictures the morning before they left.  (back up a day or so...) Ron and Sabrina got into town Sunday, April 29th.  They got their pets set up to stretch their legs in our backyard, showered and headed over to my parent's place for dinner with Jer (I was already over there with the kids).  We just relaxed and visited for a while before heading home to get things set up for the night.
The next day, Monday, Jeremiah took off work and we kept Kotah home so they/we could spend the day together.  I had to work in the afternoon, but that was okay.  For lunch Jer wanted to take them to Jeremiah's in Ogden.  We were lucky enough to get seated in a more isolated end of the restaurant.  After that I went to work and Jer took them up on base to show them 1) where he works and 2) the Aerospace museum that displays all sorts of airplanes.
Here is a picture with Kotah and Kaiya... and the bottom picture happens to be the only one we got with Ron in it, I'm not sure why. (sorry Ron)  When they finished walking around the planes they headed home to relax a little bit before I got home from work.  That night Ron and Sabrina were wonderful to offer to take us all out to eat at The Olive Garden.  I hadn't eaten there since October and I got something new on the menu, it was a pleasant evening with the family.  When we were finished it was pretty much bedtime and not one of the kids fought about getting to sleep (Kaiya fell asleep in the car on the way home).
Tuesday morning I got Kenai up and off to school then everyone else started to trickle out of bed (except Ron, he rises with the sun... haha) They were all packed up and heading out of town before I had to get Kenai 2 hours later.  After that it was back to the "normal" schedule for us.  It was sure nice having some of Jer's immediate family with us even if it was such a short stop.  You guys are more than welcome to stop in and stay whenever you'd like.

No comments: