Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kindergarten/Preschool

I posted some of these on facebook the day of... but totally forgot so I am finally getting them up haha. Both the boys started school on the 30th of August. Kenai was the first to get dropped off. He goes to "Kiddie-garten" in Hooper at Miss Sara's house (same place Kotah went last year). He attends 3 days a week from 9-11:30. So far he has done alright... minus the fact that he has been put in timeout at least once (oops!!)He was so excited to go that I hardly got him to pause by the tree for this picture to send to Jeremiah. We went in, hung up his backpack and proceeded to the "Name Tree" to move his name from the list onto the tree and was more than ready for me to LEAVE. Love his independence, at least in this area.
Even though he didn't have to be ready for school until 12, he was up and ready before I got Kenai out of bed for breakfast. He WaS sO eXcItEd!!!! He got put in the afternoon session of Kindergarten and his teacher is Ms. Clarke, so far so good with no behavioral problems to report.

If I had been allowed to just drive up and let him go that is exactly what HE would have had me do, but it was required to walk them to the area where they wait for the teachers for the first week or so. Now I pull up curb side in the Loading zone and help him get out of the Tahoe, kiss him good bye then he runs over to the waiting area and waves back to me then I leave. He too is very independent and confident that he will be perfectly fine without me (insert smiley/frowny face). It is easy to be the one that is strong and supportive, but when they are so grown up and seem to not need you to be strong THAT is when it is a little harder to let them be.

LOVE my BOYS!!! They sure have grown up so, so fast.


No comments: