Monday, September 12, 2011..... Kenai's 4th Birthday
4 years ago we were blessed with the addition of a baby boy to our small, yet growing, family. Kenai was born on a Tuesday at 3:14PM. I had gone into the hospital on Sunday night with some serious contractions (far stronger, and much more frequent than the ones I had encountered prior to having Kotah) but they watched me for a few hours and sent me home (my due date was the following week and I was scheduled for a C-section that Tuesday anyway). That night and all day Monday I was in active labor... I know this now, but at the time figured the doctors knew best. I was having contractions all day Monday. I went to my parents' house so Kotah could play in the pool out back while I sat in the chair timing and watching the contractions. We made it through the day. That night I had Kotah sleep in with Jeremiah because I knew I'd be up and down all night so I figured the two of them should at least get a good nights rest... we were scheduled for a C-section at 7AM. We took Kotah to my parents and headed to the hospital (we went an hour earlier just because of all the contractions I'd been having). When we got there Dr. Jiricko (same Dr. with Kaiya) checked me and said I was fully thinned and at a 4. We decided to see how this labor progressed rather than getting in for the C-section. I am so grateful for a Dr. that was willing to listen and discuss my options from the get go and wasn't afraid when I told her I wanted to do a VBAC. Kenai's labor was wonderful and progressed great... I had my epidural in case I needed to have the C-section, but got it a little later than I should have so I was very numb when I had him and they had to tell me when to push (I fixed that problem when I had Kaiya). He came out in 2 pushes and has been off to the races ever since.

Jeremiah and I got him... a water gun, some licorice, a pack of mini Mtn. Dew, and a CAPTAIN AMERICA SCOOTER. He was very happy.
That night we had family and some friends over for an enjoyable time in our own back yard. Here are my parents (above) helping my Grandma Johnston (Great Grandma to Kenai) in through the fence. And (below) Kenai with my Grandma and Grandpa Bennington (they got him a dart gun and a sweatshirt).
Jason and Tenisha got Kenai this "AWESOME" outfit as he said.
My parents also got him a Captain America Action Figure. (Do you sense a theme? haha) and Syrie and Bryce got him a glow in the dark basketball hoop for their room/a Thomas the Train Shirt. Thanks you all for coming.
As you can see we DO NOT do the whole decorated/themed cake and party... we do what the boys want though and Kenai wanted a "Funfetti" cake with frosting.
We also had some friends over with their kids to play and visit. All in all it was an extremely nice and wonderful way to celebrate our little guy's 4th birthday.Happy Birthday Kenai... We sure do Love you!!!!
(ONE of the many things I love about Kenai right now is the fact that he is always saying, "Mommy you are Beautiful!" and "Mommy.... I love you!" and he will just come up to me and give me kisses over and over... I just hope and pray our relationship holds strong through the years to come.)
1 comment:
Hey Sharcy this is Heidi (Alvey) Johnson. I hope you don't mind but I found your blog on another friends blog and was so excited to see your cute little family. If you want to I would love for you to send your email address so I can send an invite to my blog heidihailey@yahoo.com. P.S. You have the cutest kids!!!
Post a Comment