Some times at night when the kids are sleeping and the house is quiet I think of things (yes, I do that sometimes... haha). I think of all the places I have yet to see... I think of all the movies I wish I could see... I think of all the things I still want to do... I dream of going places I see others go... I even plan out these great and wonderful vacations (but they are always only on paper). You see, even though there are thousands of yet to be discovered adventures waiting for me I have 3 wonderful, horrible, beautiful adventures continually going on right now. I want to be that mother that can let herself get away, but the only get away I can get is usually with my feet pounding the pavement right now (which is within no more than a 7-10 minute drive away). Why does it seem so easy for some mothers (parents) to leave their kids and go on vacation? I mean LITTLE KIDS... BABIES even? Am I being over-involved with my kids? Is this just an overly controlling issue I have? Does anyone else feel nervous the ENTIRE time they are away from their kids? I'm constantly worried that something is going to happen to one of them while I am AWAY... (Like Kotah's Dog Bite)... I was NOT there when it happened!! Tonight after putting Kaiya to bed, I tucked the boys in and plopped down in the Love Sac that is in their room until they fell asleep. The whole time dreaming of a wonderful get away with Jeremiah (that won't happen). We never went on a HONEYMOON, in fact we've never gone anywhere just the two of us. The only "get away" we've had was when we were dating and went to Oregon to spend time with and meet his family before getting married. Perhaps one day we will get to do the things on my "bucket list", but for now I'll sure enjoy each adventure we get to explore with our 3 little papooses.
2 comments:
I don't think you're over protective at all...or over involved. Some people simply do not want to waste a minute watching their kids growing up. I think that's it's amazing that it's the easy choice for you to want to be with your kids... if only every parent wanted to be with their kids as much!!
I went on a week long vacation and left my 13 month old son with his grandparents. It was very very very hard. Now that I have two kids, I don't think I could do it again. Time to travel and enjoy life will come, but I have to remind my self that while sometimes overwhelming, this window of time with small, needy children is a short one, and I should enjoy it. But even when they are grown, I don't think we'll ever stop worrying about our kids. We're moms. It's in the job description! :)
Post a Comment