WARNING:
There are a few kinda yucky pictures in this post so if you don't want to see them...
DON'T READ THIS POST
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
So tonight at about 4:30 I was leaving to head over to our church house for a dinner I was in charge of for my Activity Days Girl's "Daddy/Daughter Dinner".
At the same time Jeremiah was heading next door with the boys to visit our neighbor and see how things were going/chat/catch up... just a pretty normal visit.
I pulled out of the driveway as they entered the house... I went up the street turned, went to a stop sign and right as I turned onto a more "main" road heading to the church I get a phone call from Jer... "Hey, I need you to come back right now!" as I'm hearing this I hear crying in the background and am able to tell that it is KOTAH crying.
I turn around when it is safe and head right back to the house... JER is out front with Kotah in his arms with a wet towel pressed to his LEFT BICEP area...
I leap out of the Tahoe as Jer is telling me to get the car seats back in it cuz we need to go to the hospital... I run to the garage, grab the seats, get them in and we load up the boys and it is THEN that I am told how HE HAS BEEN BITTEN BY THEIR DOG.
I drive up to the Instant Care facility that is only about 3 miles away and they take him right back... it is at this point that I am finally able to look at Kotah and I see his blood soaked shirt and the towel also.
We get his shirt off him to clean the wound and this is what we finally see...
.
.
.
.
.
.
This is the wound that is on the Top/Outside of his Left arm...
and this is a picture of the underside of that same arm...Poor little boy he was so scared, and all he could think about was NOT wanting any stitches.

They cleaned it, put some cooling jell on it and then applied the numbing cream before going in with the shots... Even after all the numbing shots had been given and most of the affected areas were numbed and stitched there was ONE part that wasn't completely numb on the last puncture wound to be stitched. We had to take a 10 minute break to let him calm down, during which time Jer and my dad were able to give Kotah a blessing... HE calmed down pretty instantly and started sing "I am a Child of God"... the doctor came back in and was able to finish sewing him up...
I tell you what, with everything that is happening right now you'd wonder how this could possible be counted as A BLESSING, well I'll tell you why... the doctor said that even the tiniest change of positioning in the bite could have punctured the ARTERY that runs along the inside of our arms... so you see this was a blessing because he didn't bleed more and he didn't have to go to the hospital and nothing worse happened than this (not that this wasn't bad enough).


They cleaned it, put some cooling jell on it and then applied the numbing cream before going in with the shots... Even after all the numbing shots had been given and most of the affected areas were numbed and stitched there was ONE part that wasn't completely numb on the last puncture wound to be stitched. We had to take a 10 minute break to let him calm down, during which time Jer and my dad were able to give Kotah a blessing... HE calmed down pretty instantly and started sing "I am a Child of God"... the doctor came back in and was able to finish sewing him up...
I tell you what, with everything that is happening right now you'd wonder how this could possible be counted as A BLESSING, well I'll tell you why... the doctor said that even the tiniest change of positioning in the bite could have punctured the ARTERY that runs along the inside of our arms... so you see this was a blessing because he didn't bleed more and he didn't have to go to the hospital and nothing worse happened than this (not that this wasn't bad enough).
3 comments:
Holy cow. Glad to hear he's okay.
Oh my gosh! That is awful! I hope the poor little guy is doing okay! I think you should shoot that dog! :)
Well tell Kotah we think he is a pretty tough guy! I can't believe this..the pictures made me hurt!! And I like that he sang I am a Child of God :)
Post a Comment