Leaving Salina in the morning we decided that since we were down that way we would drove over through Manti (where Jeremiah and I were sealed in the LDS Temple) and we could also show the kids/Jer where I had lived while going to school at Snow College in Ephraim.
It was such a B-E-A-U-tiful morning in the valley. It had stormed all night long, but when we stepped outside to the brightly shining sunlight it was like the stuff songs are written about.
We drove up through Manti, stopping at the temple grounds before arriving in Ephraim. Boy, has Snow College grown in the last decade. :) I realize that is what should happen, but still it was crazy just what has changed. One thing that hasn't changed is Snow Gardens where I lived... below I lived on the top floor... my window is the on on the right side of the building, but by the corner. I grew a lot in that apartment. (and sitting on the balcony swinging with GREAT friends)
The kids loved that as we drove through town there was this small herd of deer just munching away on the lawns of some yards.
We finished our drive home and unloaded all our camping gear. However, instead of just putting it away (which we couldn't anyway because it was still soaked) we put it all up out back and had our own camp out.
We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows (under an umbrella because it started to RAIN on us)
It rained all night and in spite of that we had a wonderful campout...
We moved the fire over near the tent by the end of the night and then as it went out we all wrapped up in our sleeping bags and blankets for a good night's rest.
Sometimes in life things don't work out as we hope, but that doesn't mean they aren't actually working out the way they should.
I am truly blessed to have the family I have. We may not always get along, but we sure can pull together and press on when things get hard, scary and difficult. We love each other in spite of our flaws and try to build one another up to become the best they can.
It was certainly an eventful weekend (to this point) but that doesn't mean we would like to repeat those events any time soon.











No comments:
Post a Comment