Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Day 4- SEAWORLD

Tuesday- March 31st

WHAT. A. GREAT. DAY...
Arrived at 9:08AM
After entering the park we headed straight to the BACK in order to see a few things without ANY other people around us. On the way there we encountered a little bunny.
The first animals on our way to the back... the SEALS and Sea Lions. (side note, aren't these 2 studdly little men? They are growing up TOO FAST.)
There were a few other people paying to feed these guys, lucky we got to benefit from their spendings.
Kaiya just giggled at the "barking" the whole time we were watching them.
The MAIN reason we went to the back in the beginning was to see the SHARK ENCOUNTER exhibit without too many people.  It was the best decision (for our family)... we walked through taking our time observing them without a hundred others doing the same. The bummer thing about getting there so early was that they didn't have the walk-through open yet (we went back right before we left...with that hundred other people).
Kaiya wanted a picture "with Mommy and Daddy". I'm glad she asked so I was actually IN a picture.
I LOVED the Sea Turtles.  They move with such ease and fluidity in the water.  They are so graceful and beautiful... and yet cute.  I just wanted to watch them for like an hour, BUT...
We had already told Kaiya we would see the dolphin show, Blue Horizons so we had to got over there for the 10:15 showing.
We were fortunate enough to get good seats without having to sit in the Splash Zone. As we were sitting there waiting for the performance to start, the sun decided to come out from the morning fog.
I helped steady the phone, but KAIYA actually took these pictures.
We liked this show, including all the acrobatics and diving.
 
 
After sitting in the sun for that show, we decided it was time to head back to the Jeep for the sunscreen... I hadn't even thought about it since it was still so foggy when we arrived. While out there we went ahead and had our lunch: sandwiches, yogurt, and bagels.
When we went back inside the park we took our time petting the animals right inside the entrance (when we got there in the morning things were just WAY TOO CROWDED.
It took a little coaxing, but Jeremiah finally got Kaiya brave enough to pet theses sharks.  We had a hard time getting her away from the tanks and we had to go back before we left for the day too.
Beluga Whales
 
Polar Bear
 
The Walruses
 
 It really was so fun to watch the kids' reactions to each new animal exhibit as we saw them.
Penguins
...in case you forgot who was taking all these pictures today... ME again :)
The Killer Whale show started at 1 so after the Arctic Animals we trekked to the other side of the park for their show... it was OK.
I went to Sea World when I was about Kotah's age.  I remember LOVING this show and watching the trainers flying through the air and whipping around the pool with the animals, but (obviously) due to the killing of a trainer they are no longer allowed IN the tank with the animals, making this show weak and lacking in entertainment (in my opinion).
 
 
 
After the show we were able to go around and see these guys from underneath.  THIS is where we got to see the baby that was just born December 2nd.
Mamma and Baby
Kaiya was thrilled to see more dolphins up close... the boys were a little bummed that they didn't want to come near the edge and allow us to pet them.
 
 
NEXT... We went to more petting pools... THIS was their FAVORITE...I loved it too
 
There are several rides in the park, BUT we didn't want to spend time waiting in line for MOST of them.  One of the few rides we did go on was a gondola-like ride that takes you across the bay and back. I rode with Kaiya and the boys rode in the basket behind us.
We made our way back to the shark tank for the tunnel experience.  It was nice, but it would have been SO MUCH better in the morning.
 
On our way to "one last area" before leaving we noticed the Seal/Sea Lion show was starting soon so we followed the flow of people into the (much smaller than the others) stadium. BEST SHOW OF THE DAY.  The main actor (seen below "Dirty Dancing" while we waited) made the show AWESOME!
 
 
After that show I took the boys on THE MANTA which is the Roller Coaster without water.  I LOVE that they are both willing and able to go on some of the scarier rides.  Kaiya was bummed she couldn't go, but Jeremiah took her to see some time pools.
When we finished with our ride (the "estimated wait time" was 45 minutes) about 20 minutes later Jeremiah met up with us and informed me he wanted to ride a different ride with the boys.
I tried getting a picture of ALL 3, but this is the only one I got of their boat before they went splashing down the course... they wouldn't let me take a picture of their wet selves when they got off, but they were DRENCHED!
With that wet bath the boys were finished for the day.  Each of the kids picked their souvenir... Kenai- the little one, Kaiya's is the pink on leaving Kotah's the large one.  Jer picked out a jelly fish in glass (we didn't see any of them... bummer) and I got a sea turtle figurine.  Even though we have a flex pass allowing us to go back as much as we want over the next 6 days, we are not planning a return.  It was a long, fun day and we packed everything into it, leaving us with nothing else we want from Sea World.
We wanted to eat at Phil's BBQ, but with a 2 hour+ wait time for a table we came back to our place and got the kids Pizza while Jer and I enjoyed L&L Hawaiian BBQ. Following dinner, we watched a movie. Now Kaiya is sleeping (she walked all over today, more than she did at Legoland), the boys are watching S.H.I.E.L.D. and I'm finishing up here.
 
This was a picture of us during the movie before Kaiya asked me to blow up her bed so she could sleep.
.... sigh.... that was a long post with lots of pictures, BUT how else are you suppose to document such a crazy, busy, awesome, wonderful day if you don't blog it?  Love the vacation.

No comments: