Where to begin....
I know I've tried (once) to update this blog this summer, but I'm hoping that since I'm no longer working I'll be able to FINALLY get all the fun documented... perhaps before school starts (or WHEN school starts)....
1. Back on JUNE 10th Jeremiah got up as usual to head to work (he has to be there by 5:30). He went into the garage and the truck wouldn't start. He messed with the battery connections and got it working.... he left for work. Two minutes later (and only a mile from our house) he called and said the truck was NOT working and asked me to come get him. I woke Kotah up and moved him upstairs into our bed in case Kaiya woke up and headed off to get Jer. We came home (all was well) and I told him to take the car and I'd get a ride to work and we'd worry about the truck after he got home... I went back to bed. About 7:30 I was awaked by Jer coming into our room and saying, "Sharcy, can you look at my eyes? I just woke up in the shed." I was confused for 2 reasons... a) I was just waking up and b) I thought he had gone to work hours before. LONG story short.... I ended up calling 9-1-1 because he was speaking all sorts of nonsense and his eyes were all over the place. They took him to McKay Dee Hospital (via ambulance) where they did a CT scan and MRI (I think) both came back "normal" and it was discovered (after hours of recovery) that Jeremiah had suffered a concussion. So here's Jeremiah's story of what happened...
He didn't take the car and head to work. He went into the shed and got a bike out to ride up to the truck and get it fixed. (He was almost hit by a car on his way back up there) He eventually DID get the truck working so he loaded the bike into the bed and headed home. He got the bike out and took it back into the shed (still dark out and even darker in the shed) where the wheel snagged on something (some flood lights used for painting) and pulled them down on top of his head.... KNOCKED HIM OUT... he didn't come to until about an hour later when Gunner (our dog) was licking him on the face. That's when he stumbled into the house and into our room.
They kept him over night at the hospital just to monitor his blood pressure and be completely certain that he didn't have anything that wasn't presenting YET. He came home and I had to stay with him for the next 24 hours (these two days are the only days I missed from work).
2. I had requested the following weekend OFF from work. We were going to go camping at Bear Lake with my parents and sister's family (visiting form Vegas) but due to Jer's incident we decided to stay home instead. Wednesday (18th) we went with the families, plus my brother's, to Nicklecade. Thursday we Jeremiah and I got rid of our truck.... and traded it in for...
Let's just say, I was MORE than OK with having to stay home for my vacation when we purchased this fun little toy. On Friday my dad drove up with our family to Bear Lake where we were able to do ONE of the activities we had planned on doing while camping...
It was so much fun driving our new JEEP up to Logan and on through to Bear Lake then finally arriving at Minnetonka Cave. The kids were so excited.
We arrived just in time to catch the next tour group, but decided to sit and eat while waiting for the next group to go. We were all alone at the trail head until about 5 minutes before it started and a few other groups showed up. It was nice to get to eat our sandwiches before the hike though (especially with the kids)
We did finish eating kinda quickly so the kids were able to watch and feed some squirrels. They would come right up and take stuff out of your hand.
Right at the mouth of the cave there was this bat sleeping (we also saw many flying around inside.... but who could react to catch a picture of that?)
Kotah decided HE would be the official PHOTOGRAPHER for the hike so we let him do as he pleased for as long as he wanted with the camera. He took some really great pictures.
The best part (according to our group) was at the END of the cave. You come to a cavern where they turn off all the lights and it is COMPLETELY BLACK. (I had been once before in Young Women's so I had already gathered the kids close) They thought it was so cool how dark it truly can be. After we headed back out of the cave we used the restrooms/got some water and headed home.... BUT you can't visit Bear Lake without stopping off for a shake so we DID have to do that before ACTUALLY heading home. It was so much fun. It was a wonderful drive, a new experience and precious family time that I had been missing out on EVERYDAY since I started working in January.
3. CUB Scout Day Camp- July 1st Camp Fife
Shooting BB guns
Archery
Filling time between tying knots
Riding around the bike course
RUNNING around the bike course
THEN.... LUNCH and a short walk down by the river (with MOM)
Back to work, doing the rock climbing activities.... HE LOVES THIS STUFF
From there we went over to the ZIP LINE, which I have a video of (so I could show Jeremiah) instead of a picture so we have to one below of him AFTER heading back to give his harness to another boy.
I had requested this day off about a month prior to getting to go and I'm so glad Kotah wanted me to go with him. I had to take Kenai and Kaiya over to a neighbor's house (thanks Tricia) because my parents had left for Vegas. I had a fun time with him, BUT it was nice to get into an air conditioned car and head on home.
4. July 4th I had to work. We went afterwards up on base to watch the Clearfield fireworks (which was nice, except the annoying kids.... haha) I also worked the next morning so we headed straight home. I was glad we were able to get a DO-OVER for fireworks up at Weber State University.
I know, I know.... NONE of these are of the fireworks, but that's because instead of trying to replicate them (and we all know pictures don't come close) we just enjoyed them together instead.


















No comments:
Post a Comment