Thursday, August 15, 2013

July Activities Missed

I "lost" my camera in my husband's truck for the last 6 weeks that we haven't been driving it.  In the month of July Kotah went to a Spanish Club at the school in preparation for the upcoming school year.  We rode our bikes everyday (because Jer had the car while the truck sat).
The 5th of July was a fun time.  We were able to meet up with Scott and Sonia Gatherum for the first time in nearly 3 years.  They were in town for a baptism and we went and let the kids play in the fountain at the Gateway Mall (there are more pictures on Jer's phone... maybe I'll get them on here)

 Emerson, Kotah and Kenai
 Scott, Emerson, Kaiya (yes she is topless... it was soaked), Jeremiah, Kotah and Kenai
The following day, Saturday July 6th, we took the kids and my dad for a hike up Waterfall Canyon.  When we started it was PERFECT weather.  Slightly overcast, cooler temperatures than we've had and hardly anyone on the trail.

(Yes they are super BLURRY) Just as we were getting up to the top the skies let loose and cracked with fierceness unleashing a torrent of rain pour.  We went as quickly as we could to the bottom... Kaiya started crying so I hurried quicker.  We hid out underneath a rocky overhang waiting for the others to catch up only to head off down the mountain faster than they were moving again.  We got to the bottom and realized I didn't have the keys with me, Jeremiah had them.

I stripped Kaiya's clothes off her and held her next to my body until they appeared and she got super excited knowing that we were almost able to get into the truck where she'd be warm and dry.  It was for sure a fun and memorable adventure.


No comments: