Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kenai goes to "REAL" school

Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Kenai FINALLY gets to go to "real" school as he puts it.  He was up and ready to go early.  He didn't have to be to school until 12:20 and yet we were heading out the door by 11:30 (he didn't want to be late).  He rode his scooter and I pushed Kaiya in the stroller.  He is getting so big.
 We went past the crossing guard.... down the sticker patch....and made it to the school by 12...
We were the first ones there so Kenai got to run around and play on the Kindergarten toys with Kaiya.  As other kids got there they'd (mostly) go running to the toys also... all kids love to play right?
At 12:20 the teachers came out and had the kids (and parents) line up to go inside.  Jeremiah got off early (because he'd lost his wallet) so he stayed outside with Kaiya while I went in with Kenai.
He hung up his backpack and went right into the classroom... He was so comfortable because he remembered going to drop off/pick up Kotah when he was in Ms. Clark's class.  We found his seat with is name on the table (pictured above) and he was ready for me to leave.
The Kindergarten teachers hand out a paper telling the parents to go in and stay with the kids, if they are having anxiety over being left, for about 10 minutes.  When I went back out the door Ms. Clark was still there welcoming other kids/parents and laughed about how quickly I was "kicked out".  I was so proud of Kenai.  After school I picked him up and he said to me, "guess what??? I was good, and it was easy."  He has now had 3 days in a row of being good and feeling that sense of pride that comes with it.  Here's hoping he will be a well behaved, obedient student for this year and the years to come. LOVE YOU SO MUCH BIG GUY!!! 


No comments: