Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving through Sharcy's eyes

I have no pictures from this weekend, although I'm almost positive Jeremiah took some and I'll have to ge them later.  We had a nice relaxing weekend filled with cooking, baking, hosting, cleaning, running, and shopping... maybe more but that is what I'm thinking of.  Since I didn't work and the kids didn't have school on Wednesday we decided to head over to my mom's and get the place cleaned up and cleared out for the masses that were going to be there Thursday for dinner.  We did a great job, until about 3PM when it was nap time and I had to leave to meet Jer after work (we are currently working to refinance our mortgage- is that a yeah??). I was up until 2 AM finishing stuff and getting our house in order so I didn't get to sleep well....

and then I woke up at 7AM and since I couldn't go back to sleep I decided to run in our stake's Turkey Run 5K they have every year.  I told Jer, "I'll be back in a little while" and headed out the door leaving him home with 3 sleeping kiddos.  I did awesome... for me anyway.  I ran it in 28:28 and what is funny about that is I am in the Roy 28th ward.  The BEST part of the whole race was constantly passing those that flew past me in the first mile... I loved seeing them up ahead and knowing that by the next marker of some sort I'd be passing them only to never see them again.  I finish 36th over all out of maybe 200 runners (I really don't know, but there were about that many it looked like on the sign up sheets).  When I finished and headed home I was so excited to tell Jeremiah and his response was "You ran in a race? I though you'd gone over to your mom's to help finish setting up."  I felt a little bad that we miscommunicated so poorly (I thought I'd mentioned it the night before that maybe I'd run it) He said he would have brought the kids over to cheer for me :) Sorry hun, maybe next year we'll run TOGETHER.

Dinner was pleasant as always with the Bennington family.  We had dinner with all the trimmings from start to finish.  My favorite finish to each Thanksgiving dinner is thumbing through the ads to see whether it is going to be a "Black Friday" shopping night or not.  This year proved to be great.  We went to Target (which last year I got swept up in a mob rushing to the doors and it was CRAZY) this year to start (opened at 9PM) and it was wonderfully organized and not crazy at all while we were there... in and out easily in under 20 minutes.  Since we finished so quickly we decided to head back down to Walmart (opened at 8PM) to see if any of the things we wanted there were still available, and yes a few were... in and out there in about 20 minutes also.  So smooth and so awesome we thought we'd press our luck and back up by the Layton Hills Mall to see what stores were opening there (if any that were on our list) and we came up on an accident with one car on its side and the other's front end smashed in... after seeing that we were done for the night, talk about an adrenaline buzz kill.  Everyone appeared fine, but we were headed home anyway.  Jeremiah is such a GREAT SPORT.  He is always willing to satisfy my need to join the rushing crowds and brave the cold weather just to get a few hot items for someone or everyone on our lists.

Thanksgiving is Jeremiah and Kotah's favorite holiday... MINE is the aftermath haha.  Love the time with family. Thankful they aren't perfect.  Thankful we are given the Atonement of Jesus Christ to help all of us sinners be able to one day stand before God and confess our sins and know that Jesus will take our hand and through him we will enter into paradise.  We are on earth to learn.  Sometimes in order to learn we must make mistakes and learn the hard way.  I am grateful I have supportive friends and family around me to help lift me up and stand me on my feet when I make those mistakes, without them (YOU) I wouldn't move forward on the journey called LIFE.  Thank YOU, my friends, who read this blog and are there even when many of you are so far away.  Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

You are more ambitious than I for sure!!!! Glad it was a good weekend.