Sunday, November 18, 2012

Quilting with my MOM for my BOYS

This week I didn't have work.  The school distric I work in had early out (out of school at 1:25) and because of the extra hours we would have been required to work at the AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM our principal felt it "best for the budget" to just not have the program for the whole week.
Ssssoooo..... Since I didn't have work, my mom and I got to spend a lot of time together.  We picked the material out (the boys each picked their own) a few weeks ago when it was on sale.  We started Kotah's first, but had a hang up with his material underneath requiring us to change materials before putting the whole thing together. We did get the quilt put together and tied in just a few days and then came Kenai's :)
The top materials are both a fleece (soooo soft and cozy) with a soft cotton underside and of course there is the matting in the middle. Kenai's quilt didn't give us so much problems... it was easier to sew because we'd already done one and then getting on the quilting frames was easier (again practiced on Kotah's)... just plain EVERYTHING went much more smoothly.
 (side note... We moved Kenai upstairs a few weeks back) Kotah got so tired of picking up after the both of them and now since splitting the boys they are each able to pick up after themselves.  Each does a wonderful job (most of the time) keeping their spaces clean.... to MY standards :) haha
Happy, Cozy Sleeping boys... AND... thanks mom for helping me get them done this week so I wouldn't have to take a few weeks to get them together and finished on my own.  I love you so much :)

1 comment:

Tyanna said...

They look great! Yay for moms!