Sunday, November 11, 2012

It SnOwEd YEAH

Although it has snowed here at our house it was not worth getting at all excited about.  It was gone within a few hours.  However, yesterday morning when the kids got up they were beyond hyper about getting to run and play in the snow... I was NOT excited, I had been up most of the night sick, sick, sick!!!  Jeremiah had signed up for overtime earlier in the week so he was already gone and the kids wanted ME to go out with them...
I did as they asked and went outside for about 10 minutes... which is pretty much as long as Kaiya could handle anyway.  Kotah and Kenai were outside most of the morning running, playing and doing what boys do best :) (above- Kenai running in the backyard through the snow)
(above: Kaiya venturing into the white stuff for the first time... Kotah making a snow angel as Gunner jumps on him)
 Kotah making the same snow angel, and Kaiya ran over scaring Gunner off...
Kaiya was fine playing and running with the boys chasing Gunner and laughing, until her hands got in the snow...

 After she fell in the snow, catching herself with her bare hands, she "hid" under the deck and the stairs...
It really was a pretty morning.  Mostly relaxing and I was able to stay warm and cozy while the kids did as they wanted until Jeremiah got home. (on a side note) As I was sitting on the couch surrounded by mess, the usual after a few days of crazy, I got to thinking about what it must have been like for the early settlers in this area and their travels this way from the east.  I thought of how crappy I was feeling and how I was feeling bad for myself because I couldn't do what I wanted to do... it was at that moment when I decided that even though I was sick (and continued to be sick the rest of the day) I could get up and do some work around the house in between being sick.  I got laundry washed, folded and put away; the kids and I got their rooms cleaned, vacuumed, and put together just the way I like it; and we also got the front room and TV room downstairs cleaned up , vacuumed, and looking ready for Christmas decorations (not going up for at least 3 more weeks).  I realized today that even though I'm sick, I now have kids old enough to DO A LOT around the house with my assistance.  "I am not giving birth in a tree" so I can do this.

No comments: