Thats the honest truth.
Lazy.
(Finally....) I am finally getting around to adding pictures (today is Jan. 31st haha)
We didn't do our pumpkins early this year, we waited until the week of Halloween because it had been so warm we didn't want them to rot before they were actually suppose to be on display. It was our first year in the new home (which I know I haven't written about yet either). It is weird how moving, even if it is all of .25 of a mile, can so dramatically change how you celebrate holidays, do birthdays, activities, etc...
Kotah wanted to create his own pattern, so Jeremiah pulled up pictures of the Seattle Seahawks on his phone and between the two of them they free handed the logo and "Seatle". Kenai and Kaiya each followed a paper pattern of their own that we had purchased with additional cutting knives... except after they had drawn the patterns on their pumpkins they each changed their minds and opted to free hand their own creations (like Kotah, but not nearly as detailed).
The kids are always really good at convincing me to do silly things... this was ONE of like TWENTY "silly" pictures we just "had" to take haha, they make me laugh and smile everyday. I love these littles that I am so blessed to be raising.
One the morning of Halloween the kids' school had a costume parade. It is nice to have it in the morning and then let the kids change out of their costumes and go on with the rest of the actual learning for the day.
For some reason the kids at school have called Kotah "Santa" for the past several years.... so LAST year after Christmas I got a Santa costume on clearance and hid it away to surprise him with it for THIS Halloween. When we started talking about potential costumes, Kotah mentioned being Santa and asked if I could make one for him... I answered, "YES, I can probably pull something together." Then promptly walked downstairs into the crawl space and retrieved my surprise... HE WAS ALL SMILES! Kenai was a little more work. He (obviously) wanted to be a Rubix Cube. Well, since we had plenty of boxes still (some even unpacked) from moving we just picked one out and we attached a black plastic table clothe all around the outside and then he cut out and glued on the colored papers to each side. He was so pleased with himself and proud that HE DID IT!
Kaiya's costume sorta just fell in my lap thanks to Ms. Jody Reid (old friend/refriended at my gym). Thanks to her daughter wanting no sort of remembrance of her short lived dance career, Kaiya got gifted this cute Minnie Mouse costume. After the parade I took Minnie Mouse with me along with the Rubix Box and Santa's costume home to wait for Trick-or-Treating that night.
Jeremiah chose to sit at the house and hand out candy while I walked the neighborhood with Kaiya and Kenai (and later picked up Kenai's friend Brigham when we got to his house). We now live at the end of a cul-de-sac. WE LOVE IT! Jeremiah pulled out our portable fire pit and sat by the fire in his costume for the few hours I was out walking. Our neighbors also sat with him visiting (Jeremiah was so happy to have company).
This year we told Kotah that if he wanted to he could just go around the neighborhood with some friends. Even though he thought there would be more show up, he had a BLAST with Caden Sluder (new neighbor, but also already a friend from FOOTBALL) and Jaxton (old neighbor, but better friend from FOOTBALL also) The three of them went in one direction and I went with the younger ones in the other direction. At one point we we crossed paths and I snapped this picture because Kotah and Jaxton had swapped costumes for one reason or another. "Hello there Napoleon".
After we were all back home from the festivities, Jaxton's family came to pick him up and we just all visited/played and hung out for another hour or more. I am so thankful to have friends like Wilbergs. They are so much like us it is wonderful. We haven't had very many family friends in our married lives so to have them and LOVE spending time together is just a wonderful blessing.









No comments:
Post a Comment