The fist Saturday in August I took the kids to the parade for Roy Days. They had a fun time collecting candy and laughing at the other family that was running CRAZY all over the place trying to beat the kids to the candy (that's right, it was ADULTS running all over).
The last day before school started in August my parents, Syrie/her kids, Jason/his kids and I took my kids to the zoo for a fun last hurrah before school.
Kotah's favorite exhibit was the otters.
When we were taking pictures of the kids near the Elephant exhibit I took one with each child sitting on the trunk... this was AFTER I already took one of Kaiya on the trunk and yet she still decided to pout a bit in the background. So to cheer her up I agreed to let her take MY picture with the elephants... and she kept telling me to pull a "funny face" and "look cute" haha... this is what she decided was acceptable.
The final picture just before we left the Zoo. It had been a fun day.
Boys of Fall:
Tackle Football for Kenai
I haven't posted anything about football because I tend to try and wait until the END of the season so I can most fully cover what did or didn't happen. Kenai had fun and learned how to tackle but that was pretty much the ONLY thing his coaches ever ran at practice. 2 drills. Every practice the same 2 drills.
At least Kenai got to play center so he could touch the ball. He also played nose guard, middle line backer, corner and outside linebacker. He had a few fumble recoveries and caused a few also. I was overall DISpleased with the season, but came out trying to speak positively with Kenai so he will want to give it another try next year. Love his drive and his desire to get better at things.
Kotah's 3rd year
Kotah is ALWAYS smiling, even when things aren't going well for him on the field. He LOVES to play football, and LOVES quarterback/linebacker... pretty much anywhere you put him he will perform at his best and just LOVES the game.
I am always happy with his performance. He keeps trying and trying no matter how difficult the situation may be.
...oh yes, and he was also the kicker/punter...
At the end of the season he was still smiling in spite of the fact that they had yet another losing season. Many of the boys still play in their free time and he is having several of them get together to go trick-or-treating. Football isn't about winning so much as it is about character development and building enduring friendships. I am so thankful that even at the young ages of 9 and 11 my boys are able to recognize what is truly important in life.
Back to School:
Where did the summer go? It was way too fast and before I knew it this happened.
5th Grade and 3rd grade (and Kindergarten for Kaiya)
Man, I can't imagine how I will feel when Kaiya is in ALL day school next year. I also can't imagine Kotah going to Jr. High (yes, in 2 years.... but still)

























No comments:
Post a Comment