Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Lights

Friday, December 11
Jeremiah has been working a lot of long/extra hours lately.  Partly because of his down time from his foot surgery and partly because we still have those bills heading out way.
Since he took an extra shift Friday night, the kids and I decided that we could make the time go by faster by heading over to Ogden to see the Christmas Village they put up each year.
We got there early enough that there weren't too many people there yet.  The kids were able to take a short, little, FREE ride on a train set up there. Following the train ride the kids just let the way wandering around looking at all the light displays.
I kept trying to get the kids to take a "cute" picture... Kotah wasn't having it and therefore Kaiya started pulling face after face and then Kenai got in on to. Sooooo.... if you can't beat 'em, JOIN 'EM right? :) They were so much fun to be with on this night.
 Since I don't get many pictures of myself... Here I am for documentation
...I did finally get a "cute" picture with my cuties...
After finishing up with the lights in Ogden it was still kind of early so instead of going home we drove on down to Layton for yet another light display.  When given the option of driving through the loop or getting out and walking around the lights up close it was a 2:1 vote to remain in the car... Sorry Kaiya, majority rule did NOT play out in your favor that time.
Saturday, December 12th
Temple Square FAMILY Night
Downtown Salt Lake City was CA-RA-ZY... We didn't mind too much though because aside from one (okay two) moments we were kinda "alone" in the crowd to meander and enjoy the beauty of the Christmas Lights on Temple Square.
It really wasn't THAT cold... the wind wasn't blowing and it was pretty still, but the kids were super excited that Jeremiah had prepared and brought HOT COCOA for them to have periodically as we walked around and paused to take a few pictures. (above: I asked them to "wait" for some cocoa so I could take a picture... below: after they had each had some cocoa)
It is wonderful having a child, or two (sometimes three) that can take a good picture of me and my HONEY.  This guy has been beside me through a lot of trials and hardships for the last 11 years... ELEVEN years we have been together.  I find myself wondering from time to time how it is that he has been able to deal with me for so long and then he reminds me of how he feels by leaving a flower on my pillow with a sweet little note telling me he loves me and will miss me while he is at work (YES, HE DID THIS JUST THIS WEEK)
Jeremiah does so much for our family.  He is able and willing to work for our family so I can stay home and provide the nurturing and guidance that our children need at this time in their lives.  HE sees the value in having me stay home.  HE pushes me to do those things that are most beneficial for our family's needs, even if that means HE will be the one working more to get us where we want to be.
11 YEARS... 3 of the greatest blessings I have ever received are mine because 11 years ago a boy and I decided to spend the rest of our lives together.  Even better is that (almost) 10 years ago we made our family an ETERNAL FAMILY and now these 3 incredible children will forever and always be ours!
May you all enjoy the Spirit of the Christmas season.  Remember that the whole REASON we have this holiday is because of JESUS CHRIST, the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind.  May we always keep him in our hearts. May we do those things that will allow us to have his Spirit with us at all times, and that this feeling we have at this time of year will be carried with us through all times.
Merry Christmas
Love, The Sudykas

No comments: