Its been a few weeks now with no update from the Sudyka residence... there is usually one of two reasons why this happens on my end. 1- We have been enjoying a "normal" everyday coasting of life and 2- Life is just so overwhelming that if I were to sit down and write about it I'd get too emotional and not finish the post anyway.
Life, for the first of the last three weeks was #1. Jer gets up and heads off to work every morning before the sun makes any sort of appearance, I get up a few hours later and get Kotah out the door to school (YES, he rides his bike or walks to school everyday), I then get the other kids in the car and head over to my parents' place so I can get in a run (AND.... I have been consistently running about an 8:30 mile- another minute knocked off from a year ago), we go home, get cleaned up, do some chores, head to work (where Jer trades vehicles and brings the kids home with him just in time for Kotah to get home), I work until 6 head home, get dinner, finish homework/FHE/yard work/housework... etc, and then get the kids washed and into bed... just plain LIFE. However, this last week Kotah started baseball practice (games start this week), we had the Civic's ignition lock cylinder go out on us (so we couldn't drive it) putting us down to one vehicle and our water heater is done (YET more money out the door). Taking the bad with the good is hard. You feel like you're finally "debt free" and building a savings and then with one quick sweep in a week you're down $2000...
We are keepin' on keepin' on and we are doing fine. Life is temporary and so is this phase, so all we can do is just hope we can slide on through these unexpected experiences and prepare for the next ones waiting for us further down the road of life.
(PS- last week I took Kenai in for his Kindergarten checkup, because it's been almost 2 years now since his last one... When having him "fill the cup" he didn't know what to do as the cup filled fuller and fuller so he turned his body resulting in him peeing ON KAIYA (standing nearby waiting to pee herself) and all over MY HAND and ARM. See, even when things start getting crazy we can still look back on this time and laugh about the time Kenai though I wanted him to "hold it" by stopping the pee stream rather than "HOLDING 'IT'" so he wouldn't be aiming 'IT' at his sister/my arm holding the cup.)
No comments:
Post a Comment