Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sledding in North Ogden

We had a nice amount of snow fall on Wednesday and Thursday this week.  Jeremiah decided today (this evening) was the perfect day to go sledding since there would (hopefully) be less people out on the hills... I have to admit I was not excited about it at first, but I AM VERY GLAD WE WENT.
We went to a park that is in North Ogden (right on the way to the North Ogden pass).  There were some people there sledding/tubing but there was enough places to be going down the hill that we didn't crash into anyone and we didn't have to constantly wait for them to come back up the hill.
Kaiya was not sure about going down.  She would cling to me and Jeremiah the whole ride down and she liked getting pulled back up the hills... but after a few trips sailing down the hills she was pretty much done.  We spent the last little bit just keeping her entertained while the rest of us took turns on the sleds.
She was so excited the first several times with Jer, maybe she just felt safer when she went down with him. :)

Here I am with Kenai.  While Kaiya was going down with Jer, Kotah was going it alone (what a brave little guy), Kenai was wanting me to take him fast.... by the end of the evening he went down the biggest hill all by himself.
Kotah found he liked going head first better than sitting on his bottom. He kept saying how he "Liked doing it 'skeleton' style."  He loved watching that part of the Winter Olympics last time.







As the sun was setting, people were leaving by the dozens.  In the picture above there is (L-R) Kenai, Kotah (the little dot) and Jeremiah. Below I zoomed in on the above picture.

Kaiya and I walked back to the truck as the boys hiked through the snow and up the hill right to the truck themselves. We stripped down and turned the heat on... it had dropped to 15 degrees outside.
We headed home to get some much needed hot cocoa... and one our way back to the freeway we came across this bunch of deer... they just stopped in the middle of the road and then turned back to the left and dropped down into a small ravine... Boys loved that little surprise.
We got home, changed and drank our cups of cocoa while waiting for the pizza to cook.  I didn't initially want to go sledding, but by the time we were leaving I was SSSSSOOOOOOO glad we had packed up the kids and took them out.  What a fun, fun, FUN evening.

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

So much fun! I love that it was almost dark before they were done. Your family plays hard!