Saturday, December 22, 2012 Jeremiah and I took the kids shopping at Cabela's with the gift card Jer's dad Bill always sends us for Christmas (which we love). We got there and had lunch then proceeded to take the kids all over deciding what they wanted and then using the rest to get something we wanted. Kaiya got a rag doll, Kenai got a small black bear and Kotah got Dangerous Hunts 2 on the Play Station (really it is for all of them, but that is all he wanted). Jer and I got 2 Queen double highs air mattresses. (We all slept on them that night, it was surprisingly comfortable)
After Cabela's we were planning on seeing the lights at Temple Square (in Salt Lake City) but Kaiya was sleepy so we decided to drive a little further south and see where Jer once lived when he first came to Utah and where we met.
He drove us up close by the "Y" on the mountain and since Kotah was the only one away he got out we took a few pictures with him.
After that little adventure we went back up to see Temple Square (was NOT a good idea once we got there) While I LOVE the pictures of the kids and the fact that we were all together, there were WAAAAAY too many other people there for my liking.
The first year Jer and I were together I wore this same coat to see the lights (the same night Jason proposed to Tenisha) and here we are 8 years later with 3 kids in tow.
We have NEVER had a family picture at the lights so it was such a nice surprise when a passer-by offered to take one for us.
Jeremiah patiently took picture after picture of me and the kids with the picture of my Grandfather in the North Visitor's Center. While it was a long afternoon/evening I had so much fun spending this amount of time with my family.







No comments:
Post a Comment