Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sledding

Saturdays are a luxurious day in our house... cleaning, playing, sleeping... Kotah once said, "Mom, I love Saturdays. Its the only day all week I don't have to put on my socks and shoes." Well yesterday Jer and I had planned on going for an afternoon sledding trip but Jer got called into work so it got bumped back a few hours... All three kids fell asleep on our way up Weber Canyon so we just continued on up to Coalville and turned around making our way back down to Trapper's Loop and Snow Basin for our short sledding trip.

By the time we got there it was already getting kinda dark (at least on the East side of the mountains) so we just went to a little roadway that is mostly used for Cross Country Skiing.
The kids liked getting out in the snow (at least for the first little while)
I put Kaiya on the sled with Kenai and pulled them down the hill on the flatter parts then let them just go on the short parts that were steeper...

Kotah was the one that LOVED getting in the snow and hiking back up the small hills just go fly down them again.
(above) Kenai took off down the path without his sled and Kotah is gliding down nicely... (below) Jeremiah following Kotah down the path.

Kenai got back up to the top and hopped on his sled... He got going quite fast, faster than he wanted to be going...

So he rolled off the side and bailed out...

Kotah was getting really good at steering left or right.



And YES, I was there :)

And Yes, I did use the sleds She LOVED her first trip in the snow So Much FUN!!!! Can't wait until next weekend... we're planning another trip up to the snow.

No comments: