Monday, February 27, 2012

Dinosaurs and Dinosaurs

This past weekend Jeremiah decided that he wanted to take the kids down to Thanksgiving Point and let them see the HUGE (and yes it is H-U-G-E... especially with a 6, 4, and 1 year old) Dinosaur Museum they have there... (Enjoy all the pictures) In the beginning, it was hard to maintain their energy and excitement for EVERYTHING
Fun with Motion...

Fun with Momentum...


Kotah and Kenai making "Smoke Signals"Kaiya grabbing for the magnets spinning around and around...

Kaiya making her own "smoke signals"

Finally starting the Dinosaur part... not everyone was all that excited

Kaiya cheered up some when I put her on my shoulders. Kotah took a pretty good picture here :)

"Oh-NO... Jer, you are getting eaten..." haha Daddy's always have to be funny right?

Kenai got to put together his own version of a dinosaur all by himself :)
(at the same time) Kotah was busy building his dinosaur on this huge magnet board.

I think the boys #1 thing about the whole place was this water exhibit where they could move the sand around to build dams and uncover dinosaur remains. They were just happy to get wet and a little dirty.

Here they are working together.

After the water playing, I finally got to see their Triceratops.

Then we entered the final phase of the museum (we had been inside for about 2 hours at this point)

Jeremiah helping the neanderthals kill the Gigantic Mammoth.

My FAVORITE picture of my 3 BOYS

At the conclusion of our 2 1/2 hour expedition through the world of Dinosaurs all the kids were excited to have one last chance to get down and dirty playing before the hour drive home.

Each of them has their own strategy when it comes to unearthing their bones, Kaiya is still at the slow and steady phase... Kenai is at the faster, harder, swing bigger phase... and Kotah does everything very precise :)

We did have a wonderful time visiting the museum. I wish I were allowed to take drinks and snacks in (so I wouldn't have to try and sneak Kaiya her sippy) so the kids could have enjoyed the end part as much as they did the beginning. Dinner was waiting for us at home though... Crock pot full of Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots... happy kids :) Thanks for the day out before you start your new job Jer. Hopefully you won't be required to work as much overtime as they are anticipating, but if you do this was a great weekend to get in before that. I sure do LOVE my Family and all the fun, excitement and entertainment they provide for my life!!!


1 comment:

Tina said...

We went there a couple of years ago. It is quite the museum, I'm not surprised you stayed that long, there is a lot to do and see. It looks like there are a few new additions to it since we went. Gage loves to look back at the pictures of the dinosaur museum. They definitely don't have anything like that in Florida!!