Sunday, February 19, 2012

LuCkY 7

Happy Anniversary.......Happy AnniversaryThis year for our anniversary we were able to get some quality alone time. We had waffles as a family for breakfast and then took our time getting ready for our afternoon/evening out. The kids went to my parents to stay.The first stop on our outing was to the Mindful Women's Day Spa. Last year for Jer's birthday I had purchased a couples massage for him to use so what better time than now? He had never been to a massage place so I was leading the way... talk about a GREAT start to a wonderful evening together. I loved the girl that did mine, she was awesome... the only change I'd make next time is getting the peppermint oils (Jer doesn't like peppermint and I LOVE it)We finished at the spa with just enough time to stop home and touch up for night out... and Jer had this sitting on the counter for us to toast to our marriage. Nice first surprise sweetheart. We took off for a night in Salt Lake City at Temple Square. I love the calm, peaceful feeling that enters my soul when I walk around the Temple Grounds. We were wondering through one of the visitor's centers that talks about and explains just how painstaking the process of building the Salt Lake Temple when an old friend/acquaintance called out Jeremiah's name. We said our hellos and asked how things were... she said "I told you I left the church didn't I? It isn't true you know," at which point another guy just walking by called out Jeremiah's name. Turns out it was a guy that lived about Jer when he first moved to Utah. Talk about great timing, and what are the odds of seeing not just one, but two old friends. We went on our way and finished walking around the property enjoying the quiet in the air and the love in our hearts.


It was nearing our dinner reservation so we headed up to the restaurant. (The picture above is just one that depicts the view from most every seat in the place.) Jer checked in and they told us they'd come get us when our table was ready. When they led us to our seats there were flowers on the table in the spot where I was to sit (aaaahhhhhhhhh). I think the last time I got flowers was when we went to this same restaurant 5 years ago. We had a wonderful time eating EVERYTHING... and I mean EVERYTHING there. We had so much food there was hardly any room left for sampling the deserts (I made room for sure).7 Years! Wow! We haven't always had it easy (and lets get real, life isn't easy) but today life seemed easy. Our family will be seeing a few changes in the next few weeks since Jer will be switching over from being a contractor to actually being a civil service worker (a federal employee). We have been working to get to this point for the last 6 years so it's nice to see it finally happening. Love you Jer! Thanks for the wonderful day of Memories :)
(above picture added Monday... Jer gave me one more little surprise)


1 comment:

The Roholts said...

Love you guys!! Congrats! :)And nice touches on the anniversary date Jer!