Friday, June 24, 2011

Just Another Day

Today was an early day for our family. This past week Jeremiah has been working 12 hour shifts and getting home after 3am. Last night was no different. Today was his Friday off and his co-workers wanted him to come into work, but luckily (or not so luckily) he had be be up by 7 to get to Logan...Why did HE have to be up at 7 (and me at 6)? Well today was the marriage and temple sealing of my cousin Whitney to her (now) husband Curtis Cazier. The happily, newly married couple had chosen the Logan Temple as the location of their special day. Congratulations Whitney and Curtis!!
After we were included in a few family pictures we still had about 2 hours until the family luncheon so we had to entertain all the kiddos... We went to Utah State's FAMOUS AGGIE ICE CREAM SHOP. I had their Agggie Chocolate Chip Mint, which is blue (of course) with chunks of dark and white chocolate in it as well as some of their Aggie Birthday Cake ice cream... the boys got cookie dough and although that is the one Jeremiah wanted he accidentally got the cookies and cream (that's what sleep deprivation will do to you).
Following our yummy pre-meal treat we still had a little over an hour until the luncheon so we headed north to PEPPERIDGE FARM for some of their big bags of cookies (small too, but really...) Since it is located about 25-30 minutes north of Logan there was plenty of time for Kaiya and Jeremiah to get in a nap-ish. We got there, got the cookies (and Goldfish Crackers) and turned around and headed back for the grub. The luncheon was de-E-licious and well worth the wait. On our way home I had every single person in the Tahoe fall asleep. I was pretty tired myself, but as the driver I thought it best to keep my eyes open. We got home and after carrying everyone in I wanted a nap too, but of course that's exactly when Kaiya wakes up and wants to eat. So needless to say I did NOT get that nap, but I did get the lawn watered and we went for a "hike" as the kids like. It was a good day.-PS I also got my hair done yesterday. This isn't the best picture, but it is a picture until I can get a better one... (this one is my "better one" 7-6-11)

2 comments:

Tina said...

Reading about your adventures in Cache Valley makes me miss it! And yes, the mother is always the one sacrificing and not getting the nap!
I LOVE your hair!

Marci and Gary said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!