Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day

Mother's Day is when we are showered with gifts, pampered and given the day off right??? Well, that is not how things were at our place this year. Yesterday Jeremiah worked a 12 hour overtime shift so he was gone most of the day and didn't get home until early this morning. I got up and made breakfast for everyone, got everyone ready for church (not Jeremiah) and then got myself all ready to go.... It was awesome we were actually early for church!!!This is me holding my gift from Kotah's preschool before opening it... (Kotah took these pictures of me too)Oh, so cute it is a little recipe book with one recipe from each of the kids in his class along with their pictures. Such a cute little gift. (that is kind of a goofy looking smile, oh well)Here I am with all the gifts this year... the other two books are my Blog made into a Book that I wanted for Christmas (didn't happen), our Anniversary (didn't happen), and my Birthday (didn't happen) I finally just did it myself and called it good! There is one book for 2009 and one for 2010.My kids were super, super great today at church. They sat, mostly, quiet the whole time. Kotah and Kenai were excited to go up on the podium for the primary children's song medley tribute to all the Mommas. I love my kiddos and am so grateful that Heavenly Father saw me worthy enough and seemingly capable of raising these wonderful spirit children of his. They are always asking questions and wanting to know how everything works/runs in this world of theirs. I am constantly amazed at how well they comprehend things above and beyond their young ages.


Today at church there was a young woman giving her talk during Sacrament Meeting. Kotah was kind of trying to pay attention (as best as a 5 year old can) and when I asked him if he was listening he said, "Yes, I'm listening. She has pretty hair. It's pretty like yours and Kaiya's, but yours has blond in it and hers doesn't. I like hers." I guess I'm already raisin' him up to appreciated the beauty of RED HAIR!!!

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

Kotah knows a good thing when he sees it! I love that he was comparing the nuances of color in your hair. He is an uncommonly perceptive five year old. Adorable!

Your books look great! I'm behind on my blog to booking too. Maybe I'll finish 2010 before Christmas!