Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Conversations in the Car

For anyone who doesn't know I live only about 3 miles from my parents. This makes it nice and wonderfully convenient for me to go over most evenings to run on their treadmill while someone I know and trust keeps an eye on my kids... Well each night we try to leave around 8 and each night we typically have the same conversation in the car....

Me: "When we get home you guys need to shower while I bath Kaiya, get dressed in your pajamas, brush your teeth, and then you can have a drink of water before bed."

The boys: "Okay, can we have a treat?"

Me: "No"

Boys: "Can we watch a movie?"

Me: "No"

Boys: "Can we wait up for Daddy?"

Me: "No, I just told you what we are going to do."

Boys: "Alright, can we at least have something to eat before shower time?"

Me: "Okay... but just something like lunch meat"



Tonight, however, I didn't get this routine conversations... This is what I got/heard:



Kenai: "Kotah, I don't like Satan"

Kotah: "That's good he's a bad guy"

Kenai: "Ya, I don't like bad guys, I only like good guys. I like Jesus."

Kotah: "I like Jesus too."

Kenai: "Mommy do you like Jesus? He's a good guy and Kotah and I like good guys so we like Jesus."

Me: "Yes, I like Jesus."

Kenai: "Is Jesus pretend?"

Me: "No"

Kenai: "Is Shrek pretend?"

Me: "Yes"

Kotah: "Are Fairy Godmothers pretend?"

Me: "Yes"

Kotah: "How come they are pretend? They are in movies and books."

Me: "Well, there really aren't Fairy Godmothers that fly around and grant you whatever you want."

Kotah: "I wish I had a Fairy Godmother"

Kenai: "They aren't really Kotah, they are just pretend. Jesus is not pretend"

Kotah: "Well then I will just ask Jesus for whatever I want."



During their conversations I just mostly try to drive along and listen to their logic and their view points on all the "pressing" issues of the day. I love my boys and they sure can be fun to listen to.

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

Adorable, and surprisingly insightful for ones so small. They are asking the right questions!