Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kaiya's Blessing- April 10, 2011

As most (pretty much all) of you know Jeremiah is part Native American. Well in order to tie this part of Kaiya's heritage into her special blessing day I took the colors of Jer's tribe and incorporated them into her outfit. BEFORE... and AFTERI braided Red, Yellow, and Black ribbons together making 3 braids. I then took one of those strips and stitched it to my dress along the seam around the neck... there was some of that braid that draped down the back also... I took the next strip and stitched it across the seam at about the bust line (not that she has a bust yet haha)... and the last strip was twisted into a bow and stitched into the center of the chest... The last thing I did was weave a black head band with the same red, yellow, and black ribbons and then had the long ribbons draping down her back...

It was the first time we had family over to our house... or rather THAT MANY FAMILY MEMBERS... We had a great time with everyone and love that we are surrounded by so many family and friends that love and support us!!!



P.S. This was the first time Jeremiah had done a blessing during Sacrament Meeting so it was special in that aspect also.


2 comments:

clairesmom05 said...

What a cute family with such a pretty baby! Congratulations!

Tyanna said...

We were so glad we could come! We love you guys! :)