Thursday, April 14, 2011

He will NEVER FORGET AGAIN

Yesterday was my 28th Birthday.

28!!! Wow that looks older when I actually put it out there... haha. As tradition dictates for one of my birthday wishes I was able to go out to eat with a GREAT FRIEND who also just happens to share her birthday with me!! This year we went to the Gateway and had lunch at TUCANOS. We obliged the waiters with eating almost anything/everything that was presented to us for the tasting (PLUS there was Sushi on the salad bar) YU-u-um-MYYY!!!! We were there for about (probably more than) 2 hours. Afterwards we walked over to her office building for some co-workers to see her pretty little girl (who is now 10 months old) and Kaiya was just sleeping away. It was a nice girls day out with our own little girls Thanks ASHLEE!!!AshleE and BrooklynnBrooklynn eyeing Kaiya A year ago AshleE was due to have Brooklynn July 4th (she came early) and I wasn't even expecting Kaiya yet... What a difference a year can make!!!

After leaving AshleE I drove out Beck Street (good ole summer time memories) and headed to my parents' to get the boys. We came home fixed them dinner (by this time it was like 6 o'clock) and got them all ready for bed. When 8:30 rolled around they headed to bed, but not without singing "Happy Birthday" to me. I love my boys they are usually so sweet and thoughtful of my feelings. I am pretty sure they knew I was upset about something because they were behaving so well all evening. I had all 3 kids in bed sleeping when Jer sent me a text asking how my day was... I told him "fine" then decided to send him another text asking him if he had forgotten that it was my birthday, since he hadn't said a thing about it all day. HE HAD TOTALLY FORGOTTEN!!!! I already knew he had and yet when he said Yes I just broke down. I mean come on.... its written on the calendar in BRIGHT RED MARKER and I went out to eat FOR MY BIRTHDAY and earlier when he told me to "have fun" I replied "I will, it is MY DAY after all" and he just said "Its my day too."


Its hard to believe that he could have forgotten my birthday.... when he got home after work he showed up with several things he thought would make it better:

1. An IPod Shuffle (PINK)----Returned this morning

2. A new outfit for working out in----Returned this morning

3. A card that said he was sorry----Can't return that

and....

4. A sheet of Cheesecake----Which I would have returned but can't so I ate some instead



He is trying to make things better.... so exactly how long should I make him keep trying? I don't know, but it'll have to be at least until I stop feeling so neglected and forgotten!!! Sorry Jer, but you are the one that messed up here.

1 comment:

KMK said...

Don't make him sweat too long. It sounds like he at least tried - probably more than Joe would do. :) Happy Late Birthday and I hope it was enjoyable (the food and boys sound way fun).