Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Finally getting into Fall

Picture overload... and then I'll fill in the stories

Hi, my name is Sharcy and while I was once a WONDERFUL blogger and kept up to date on seemingly everything in our lives, I have stopped doing such a great job.  Life gets busy, sure, but the real reason I've gotten lazier at this stuff is because I have been focusing on BEING present in the moment as it is happening rather than always trying to capture that moment in order to share on here.  Obviously I get plenty of pictures still to share the details of our adventures, but because I don't "go after" pictures to share like I once did I also don't feel the need to rush home and instantly share what just happened.  I will do my best to share when/where/who are in pictures as follows, but some pictures are also pretty self explanatory so I may jump over an explanation for that particular picture...
 August 3rd Kenai went with my dad fishing, just the two of them... Here's Kenai's monster catch
 August 5th was the annual Roy Days Parade.  This parade is the only parade I enjoy taking my kids to. This year my Grandma Bennington was a Grand Marshal again.  They like to honor those who have lived their WHOLE life in the city of Roy, and I love that I'm part of that heritage via her.
Great Grandma Bennington with (L-R) Brooks, Kotah, Owen, Kenai, Grandma, Jovi, Stratton, Nash, and Kaiya after the parade on the 5th of August.
Kotah's hair, Jeremiah talking, Bart Bennington (uncle), Kurt Bennington (uncle), Lynn (my dad) Bennington, and Jason (brother) Bennington on August 5th.
On August 9th I took Kenai and a few of his friends to Fat Cats in Ogden for an early birthday party.  I told him LAST YEAR that I'd do this with him and his friends, but because of the move and life feeling like it was all over the place it never happened. At least I "finally" followed through, even if it was 11 months late. (L-R: Xander Wilberg, Bransen Hiatt, Kenai, Henry Curtis, and Jonas Wright)
 August 17th Kenai received his Bear award in Cub Scouts.
August 22nd
Back To School Smudgings... Jeremiah has been teaching Kotah how to perform the smudging so Kaiya asked if he'd help do her.
 Obligatory First day of School pictures
 4th grader
 1st grader
 6th grader
Kotah was also elected as the class officer for first term
 August 19th was the kick off for Kotah's football season.  He ran a touchdown and his team won the game.
This kid always smiles after the games, win or lose he knows he does his 100% and if that isn't quite as good as someone else that's okay... next time he'll be better and next time he'll still feel great (win or lose)
We had a sleep over with a few of Kotah's friends: Kotah, Jayce, Caleb, Caden and Jaxton
I would have these boys over every weekend if they wanted. Good friends, good fun!
One of the BEST things we LOVE about our place is the huge sand volleyball pit that we use as a BONFIRE pit.  Summer nights are made better with the smell of smoke and fire on the breezes.
 How is it possible my baby is this tall, this handsome and this sweet (most of the time)
September 12th Kenai turned 10 years old.  HE wanted donuts for breakfast and since Jeremiah was going to be sleeping all day and then we had football and heading off to work that night we did candles and presents in the morning before school.
Right after school we invited my parents over for cake/ice cream before the rest of our family (while Jeremiah is still sleeping) headed off to practices. Happy 10th Birthday Kenai.
This picture was taken after Kotah had already played his football game and RIGHT after Kaiya had finished her soccer game. I'm coaching Kaiya's team (even though I'm not sure how that'll play out in the spring) we were 6-2 for the fall season. This picture was taken on Saturday the 16th of September.  It was the last day we went to visit my Grandma Johnston and she was still able to visit a little with us.
Kotah told her about his football game and the 95 yard touchdown run he had.  Kaiya talked about soccer and sang her "Way Down in the Buttercup Meadow", a lullaby she always had sang to me as a little girl and my mom sings... and now my daughter sings.  After she finished singing the song, my grandma said, "You make sure to sing that to your daughter, okay" and Kaiya lovingly nodded her head and told her she would.  Kenai talked about his flag football team that up to that point was undefeated. He told her about his birthday and the gifts he'd gotten.  Kotah talked about how his birthday was coming up and that he'd be 12, able to be ordained a deacon in our ward and pass the sacrament. Grandma responded with, "I'm sorry I won't be there for that".  We all hugged her gently and kissed her goodbye not knowing it would be the last conversations we'd have with her before she passed away 3 days later.
Just some random pictures...
Kotah's birthday was on Wednesday, September 20th.
12 YEARS OLD
Hard to believe its been 12 years since I became a mother.
Because it is such a monumental birthday Jeremiah and I decided we'd get him something special.
I had taken him looking a few days here and there just before his birthday with my dad, but he finally settled on a Henry .22 rifle.  Isn't he just the cutest little mountain man/Indian hunter you've ever seen? 
Brownie "cake" and ice cream later that day after school.
On Sunday, September 24th Kotah was ordained to the office of a Deacon.  As part of that position he was given the Aaronic Priesthood and he now gets to participate in the blessing/administering of the sacrament each week in our meetings.  He likes to get there early and pick which assigned "place" he'll be passing to and he also gets to attend priesthood meetings now instead of primary with the younger kids. Jeremiah was able to perform the blessing required to ordain him to the office of a deacon.  All these "first" for Kotah are also "firsts" for Jeremiah.  He gets so nervous and afraid he'll say something wrong, but he always gives the perfect blessings for the kids.
It was even more special because my parents and Grandma Bennington came to share in the moment as well as Kotah's best friend Jaxton Wilberg (and his parents Becky and Devin).  I loved that he wanted to include his friend in this sacred moment.  I sure hope these two stick together, they are both such great kids.
My grandma Johnston passed away on the 19th of September and we had her funeral/burial the following Monday, the 25th. Such a beautiful service, but there were SO MANY MOSQUITOES at the cemetery that we didn't stay at all long, just long enough to dedicate the burial plot and say the final FINAL goodbyes.
Kenai huddling up his team before one of their games.
This year I signed Kaiya up for FUTURE ROYALAIRES so she could dance at the half time of a high school football game. She learned her dance and did it perfectly.  She is really good at following the teachers, but by the time Friday (September 29th) came Kaiya had that dance down (they only practice for that one week leading up to the game)
Her arms are extended in a "Y" in the front of the picture above... she's somewhere in the front-ish below.
Sitting with Devin, Becky and Jeremiah waiting for one of Kotah/Jaxton's football game.
Jeremiah, Kotah and my dad Lynn the day they left for Henry's Fork area for Kotah's first hunt.  It was a mentor program where he could have shot and filled either one of my dad's or Jer's tags with the muzzle loader. No deer was shot but lots of fun was had.
Kotah in action on defense against Syracuse
Kenai's individual picture on the day they had team pictures.  He is such a cute kiddo.  I'm thankful for the coach and team he got to play with this year.  It (almost) convinced him to try tackle again next year, but time will tell if that happens or not with this guy.
Kotah sitting in the driver's seat of the Toyota giving me the "what? where are the keys?" look, as if he was actually going to get to drive now that he's 12 haha.
Everyone right where they belong
On October 6th the kids had their annual Fun Run at the school.  I go and support, but gosh dang it took ALL day because my 3 kids were all at different times. Here's Kaiya with her friend Sarah.
Henry Curtis and Kenai
Sergio, Tyce and Kotah...
Walter, Tyce and Kotah...
The very PATRIOTIC Jaxton and Kotah after the run... YES, Kotah wore the crown the entire time.
On October 13th I went with Kenai on his field trip (I had already gone on one with Kaiya back in September... sorry no pictures)
I was in charge of the archery range.  As the different groups rotated stations I stayed at archery and had to explain the basics of the bow/arrows.  Kenai wanted to stay with me, but I had to make him go with is group to the other stations.
Saturday, October 14th Jeremiah and I participated in the FESTIVUS crossfit games. It was 4 different work outs (WODs) in a few hours time and in the end Jeremiah's team of 2 didn't finish last and my team of 2 finished 2nd (pictures to come further down... its just easier to leave them in the order they uploaded).
Family Halloween picture
Pumpkins (they all did them on their own this year)
School Parade
With Great Grandma (first stop trick-or-treating)
With Grandma/Grandpa Bennington (2nd stop)
Kotah "picking up" Jaxton to head out for the evening
One of Kotah's catch receptions and runs down field this season of football
On the first morning of the Muzzle loader deer hunt all ready to go
Red Canyon Overlook
Jeremiah, Kotah and Lynn all having a wonderfully warm time in the Uintah Mountains
Fell asleep... haha
Practicing with the muzzle loader
Jeremiah and Me AFTER the FESTIVUS games on the 14th of October
Kenai's Flag Football team after placing 2nd
Kotah with some teammates congratulating him after a touchdown run
Becky Wilberg & Sharcy
Team "Not Fast Just Furious"
2nd Place finishers... woop-woop
I LOVE my beautiful daughter. How did I get so lucky with this one? (I feel like I look older in this picture though)
Halloween shenanigans
Hanging out at Festivs
 
I LOVE this partner of mine.  We are such a great paring, both at the gym and in our everyday lives. Becky, I don't know what I would do without you in my life. You are such a GREAT friend, anyone would be lucky to have you.
All the Festivus Participants
Jeremiah is in the front (orange) with his partner
2nd Place finish
The BEST place to finish, so we could do this sort of thing together again
(wipes brow) that is such a catch up from our family
More will come I'm sure, but at least we are finally into November/December's activities.

No comments: