January Festivities:
When football ended for Kotah he didn't have another sport he wanted to participate in until Lacrosse (which starts soon/has started) so as a way to fill the time I signed him up for swimming lessons. He hadn't officially taken lessons since I was pregnant with Kaiya (almost 6 years ago) and although we all kinda pick it up, I wanted him to feel confident in his ability. In January he took level 2. After the first few classes he just pretty much took off in the water.
On January 26th the boys participated in their scout's Pinewook Derby... Neither one of them had a winning car, but they each cut and designed them by themselves and they each painted them as they wanted. Kotah was coming straight from swimming and by the time we got to the church one of the leaders had already glued pennies all over his car... HE WAS SO SAD because he had taken the time to design and paint it as a Seattle Seahawks car with the insignia and everything on the belly and whomever it was the added the pennies just glued them everywhere without even considering all the time and effort that had actually gone into the paint job itself.
Kenia doesn't go to his actual den meetings because he feels uncomfortable with the den leaders so we work on everything on our own and he only gets to participate in scouting when it is Pack Meeting. He was so excited that he was asked to help with the flag ceremony. Fun was had, but the boys certainly don't seem to be enjoying scouting as much as they once did.
February was a fast month.
This time I singed ALL THREE kids up for swimming. Kotah moved on to level 3. Kenai took level 2 and Kaiya was in the preschool class.
I was able to take them all for their first 2 classes (they were on Mondays/Wednesdays) the first week of the month, before Jeremiah and I left for Hawaii.
Jeremiah and I were gone from the 8th-18th so we missed 2 weeks of classes and missed watching them accomplish things like jumping off the diving board- Kotah WAY TO GO! We went to the last week of classes and that was when I got to see Kotah do this so easily and I watched Kenai do it for his first time. Kaiya wanted to, but (obviously) she just isn't quite ready.
I had classes set up so that Kotah's was 5-5:45, Kenai's was 5:45-6:30 and Kaiya's was 6:30-7.
During the other kids' classes I allowed the boys to also play in the water and work on their skills they are/were learning in their separate classes. They all made huge improvements and are ready for their next levels, which hopefully they an take this summer/next winter.
February 6th
The last Saturday before Jer and I left we took the kids on base for some bowling, pizza, soda and some good family time together. We played 2 games. Kotah won the first game with a score of 127. Jeremiah and I tied for a win the second game with a score of 117... Kotah felt he had the "overall win" as he put it. It was a wonderful afternoon.







No comments:
Post a Comment