Thursday, January 14, 2016

CrossFit COLD WAR

Happy NEW YEAR 2016

Jody, Amanda, Bridgette, Bryce, Sharcy, Lindsey

On January 1-2 I was fortunate enough to get to participate in my first Cross Fit competition.  It was crazy intense. Most of the people participating were veteran Cross Fitters, meaning they've been doing this stuff for YEARS.  I just started in July.

Day 1:
WOD #1
Partner 1- 15 Wall Balls
Partner 2- 15 KB swings (pictured below)
#1- 15 Burpees
#2- 15 Wall Balls
#1- 15 KB swings
#2- 15 Burpees... REPEAT (AMRP: As Many Reps Possible, during the time limit)
 
Me, after WOD #1
Recovery was so sweet though haha

WOD #2
This was FUN
Snatch Ladder: Full Snatch/Hang Snatch/Over Head Squat(OHS)
@65lb
@75lb
@80lb
@85lb 
Continues building up from there...
When you reach your MAX for the snatch movements you were then allowed to do as many OHS as you can during the 1 minute allotted for each weight... I completed 8, to max out on my allowable OHS at the 85 weight.  There were girls there that were snatching like 150+ it was insane to watch.
 I have been, had been, working on my OHS form so I was very pleased with how well it went for me
Day 2: 
WOD #3
Grace: 30 Clean & Jerks
Team WOD again...
#1- 10 C&J
#2- 10 C&J
#1- 10 C&J
#2- 10 C&J
#1- 10 C&J
#2- 10 C&J

WOD #4
1 minute MAX# Toes to bar
15 sec "rest" haha
1 minute MAX # Box Jumps
I did 17 T2B (previously I had been able to do like 5...) I was so happy for myself
 I was able to complete 25 Box Jumps (exactly what I was aiming for)
WOD #5
Our final WOD was a partner WOD
Partner #1
8 Thrusters
8 Pull Ups
8 Calorie Row
Partner #2
Repeat...
This went on for 5 rounds EACH or 12 minutes
 
 
My second day at the gym, back in July, I was trying to do a banded pull up (a pull up with the help of a HUGE rubber band) and I was unable to do so without falling off a box I was standing on... in this WOD I was able to do 3 rounds of 8 without a single problem.
This is a treasured picture of all of us who competed in the Cold War from ROY CROSSFIT.  I was so scared and uncertain of my level of preparedness, and although I was indeed perhaps one of the LOWEST placing competitors, I competed and I did every WOD and I finished every single one of them.  This is one of the hardest, most challenging things I've ever (physically) done...BUT I wouldn't take it back for anything.  I proved so much to myself these days.  I have goals.  I trust the process and I can't wait to see my improvements by NEXT YEAR!! :)

No comments: