Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Kaiya's 5th Birthday

The day started just like any other day.
Get up.
Get the boys off to school.
Get Kaiya ready for the day... Dressed herself as usual
Go to the gym (side note: NEW PR Clean 140#)
We came home and I got cleaned up for the day.
Kaiya and I went to BioLife for my plasma donation.
We went to Winco and got the supplies for dinner/cake/ice cream.
We came home and got her STRAWBERRY (really it was more about the PINK) cake in the oven.
 (helping dispose of the left over frosting)
I took Kenai to Target to FINALLY pick up the gifts we were wanting to give her.
Got home and started dinner: BURGERS with avocado, cheese, sauteed onions, and tomatoes.
I finished all that prep work by 4:45 with just enough time to wake Jeremiah.
I sneaked into my own room and got Kaiya's gifts wrapped.
My parents arrived at 5:15 for presents, singing, cake and ice cream.
We all visited and enjoyed watching Kaiya open her presents before my parents left an hour later.
 
 
Jeremiah and I got Kaiya 2 different outfits and a work book for school.
Kenai and Kotah picked out some dress up outfits (2 of them pictured behind Kaiya below)
 
 My parents may have gotten her the BEST gift... this porcelain Indian doll.  When they went to purchase the "Momma" the sales man threw in the "Baby Doll" so Kiaya could have one on display and one for actually playing with/taking care of.
 
Jeremiah finished getting ready for work and headed off by 6:30.
After that the kids had homework:
Kaiya- UPSTART preschool; Kenai- Math, Spanish, Reading; Kotah- just Reading.
Kids get ready for bed.
We read from my blog book about the day Kaiya was born.
She LOVED seeing the pictures and hearing about the fact that she pooped all over me as soon as she was placed on my chest after being delivered.
We watched an episode of CSI (from season 1)
Scripture reading and family prayers before bed.

As I sit here on the couch with my sweet girl asleep beside me, I am amazed at how quickly these last few years have gone by.  She is so much fun.  She is loving and caring and sensitive.  At this age she is starting to push me and push her level of autonomy.  She gets ready really well on her own, but prefers to have me help her with her hair and sometimes her teeth.  We have a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow and I somehow got her excited about the fact that she will be getting shots... KINDERGARTEN SHOTS... Perhaps I'll add to this post tomorrow after I have her growth stats :)

LOVE YOU KAIYA!
YOU are my BEST FRIEND!
You are my I Love You!
Happy 5th Birthday

No comments: