We had a fun time Trick-or-Treating
First stop of the night was at Grandma/Grandpa Bennington's for a little Halloween snack... my mom was so cute about it and I was excited for myself... THIS is a pan of CHICKEN HEARTS... the kids all like them and thought it was pretty fun that Grandma had thought of that for them :)
After stopping there I made my way back home with the kids, stopping at my Grandma Johnston's place for a minute and then up at my Grandma/Grandpa Bennington's so they could see the kids in their costumes also... we made it back home about 6ish and Jeremiah had gotten up by then (he has slept all afternoon because he had worked Friday night before getting home for the baptism Saturday morning.
Because we never really know how Jer's foot is going to feel I offered to let him go out with the kids around the neighborhood, but he declined and said I could go with them.
We went South from our place and walked to the end of the street and back... took a bathroom break then headed back out for a few more homes, but the second part of the neighborhood we went to was more sparse with fewer people at home/handing out candy so when we made it back home the kids were fine being done for the night.
Last week on Friday, October 23rd we had our ward's trunk-or-treat and the kids were happy to be able to try out their costumes and see if that really was what they wanted to be for Halloween...
A borrowed Elsa was here to stay for sure, but by Halloween night (as you have already seen) Elsa did get some "dead" added to her face and she wanted her hair to be worn down.
Joker was a success, HOWEVER, the outfit was HUGE on Kenai this year so he decided to trade for the Skeleton this year and he will try the Joker again NEXT year when the clothes fit him better (hopefully haha)
Kotah liked wearing Jeremiah's Letterman Jacket and we just added more "dead" to him also for Halloween. On Thursday, October 29th the school had their Halloween Parade and below is what the kids all wore to that event.
On Friday night Jeremiah had to work, but after the kids and I had the house spotless for our company coming over the next morning we were FINALLY able to get our pumpkins done. I cut open all the tops and then let the boys do their things... they each drew and cut out their own faces (how did they get this big??... insert momentary sad face) I had Kaiya telling me what she wanted for her face, but I just couldn't let her go all willy-nilly with her knife cutting up her face by herself.
They all turned out like a reflection of who they are... Kenia's had different shapes, but was pretty basic and easier for him to accomplish by himself this year. Kotah drew flaming eyes and a flame-y mouth as well then managed to actually cut out all the curls of the just as he had drawn them. Kaiya wanted stars for eyes and a heart for the nose along with a smiley face with a few teeth. Mission Completion :)
We had a fun time, and I am so thankful for the fun times I get to share with my kids while they will still allow me to hang out with them.
You kids make me smile every day. I love you each for more reasons than I could every count!!!
LOVE YOU FOREVER and EVER








No comments:
Post a Comment