I wanted to log on a few times within the last month, but with sports (sorta) ending and then having games made up and seasons ending (again) I have just kept putting this off so I can have complete posts.
First final of October was Kotah's Football Season:
His team did NOT do as well as we had hoped. They ended 2-7... like I said, NOT what we expected from the amount of talent we had on our team, but it is what it is and we move forward very thankful for the skills Kotah learned this year and was able to apply on the field. I am so proud of the leader he became with his teammates. He has a head on his shoulders that is focused on things beyond the field(s) and yet while he is ON the field he is focused on NOTHING but what is going on in the NOW!
I took SOOO many pictures throughout the season it is hard to decide which FEW I was going to include on the blog (that will later be in my book). I captured this PRE-GAME Smudging that Jeremiah performed for Kotah to keep him safe from harm and keep his mind focused on the game at hand (this one was actually before their LAST regular season game- that they won)
Post-Smudging... He is such a good lookin' kid
(Out of order, but who cares)... this is the cake/cup cakes we got for the team's end of season banquet on Thursday, October 29th
...and Kotah's face for my "smile" after getting his gift from the coaches/Kayla...
below...Kotah scoring one of his touchdowns this season
Kotah (orange sleeves) walking back from weighing in pre-game with some of his buddies.
...the score for their last regular season game... Woo-Hoo
below... Kotah, #11, breaking a tackle and taking the ball down to the 1 yard line...
although you can't really see it, this is Kotah running the ball into the end zone from that 1 yard line
Kotah smiling from ear to ear because he loaded his helmet FULL of cookies after their LAST game of the year... he thought he was SOOO funny and cool for taking so many.
Kotah the Quarterback with is Center, Payton Morgan. These two came a LOOOONG way from the pre-season games to the end of the year. We thought we were going to lose it on them every game after losing to Morgan like we did because these two couldn't get the snap down... needless to say improvements were made and the became much better together.
The score of their FINAL game as a team... 20-0
At the end of the season Kotah had scored 3 touchdowns, Jayce Hill scored 3 touchdowns and Carson Isaacson had 2... We had passing yards and rushing yards, laterals that were then thrown down field, kicking and receiving improvements and a whole lot of learning that went on this year. There are a good chunk of these kids that are 3rd graders so they will get to stay in this league for another year before moving up... NEXT year we are hoping that there will only be 2 teams Kotah's age group instead of 3, that way the skilled players won't be so spread out and more will get to play together again.
After the season was over Kotah felt like he wanted to have BBQ and sleep over with his teammates since he was their Quarterback and Captain... Jeremiah and I were more than happy to make this happen.
What a fun group of boys this was. They all played together, no one picked on the others, no one got upset and threw a fit. The boys genuinely got along and liked one another. I can not say that is how it was for either of the other teams in our league. I personally feel like boys at this age shouldn't have to worry about bullies on their own teams, or if another boy is going to be mean to him at practice/games. These boys need to have fun and learn the sport, but also learn other qualities that will forever be with them beyond their sports careers. Thank you to the coaches and parents for making this year a fun year in spite of the teams win/loss record.





No comments:
Post a Comment