Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Fun

EASTER HOPPY-ness
(why does she ALWAYS seem to look away from my pictures...???)  We went over to my parent's place about 11-ish and we set things up so we could get the kids outside dyeing their eggs.
Kotah got to sit beside Stryder and Kenai sat across. (Jason/Tenisha/Jovi/Brooks/Nash had not arrived yet)
After all the eggs were dyed, it was time for hot dog roasting, hamburger grilling and just playing all over in the yard with cousins.
Kaiya would annoy play with Nash the whole time if only he could keep up.  She was poking him in the nose here and he would giggle so cute every time.
All the little kids have to climb the gate between the yard and the pasture.  Kaiya and Brooks were the two needing to prove their ability to conquer this "monstrous" feat. Every time they'd move from one area to the other, they would pause at the gate to climb it and then jump down continuing on their original path.
Kotah tried to organize a baseball game with the kids... however, he learned quickly that kids 5 and under do NOT listen nor do they want to listen and play an organized game... they just wanted to run around the pasture with the mitts on their hands, bats in their hands, or even running away with the bases... perhaps next year he can try again.
 
After running around and playing we wanted to capture a few family pictures.  My grandma Johnston (my mom's mother) was at dinner with us and this was the BEST picture (of the 20 I took).
...THIS is how MOST of the other pictures looked... No, I'm not kidding haha
After the picture "sitting" the adults hid eggs around the yard for the kids to find.
 
 
 
After each found their plastic eggs with their name on it I told my 3 kiddos that they could only have 7 actual eggs in their baskets, that way each grandchild got an equal amount of eggs.
 
 
Sunday morning...
This year the kids all slept over at my parent's place Saturday night with one another (Stryder leaves for home on Tuesday).  When my kids got home they had a miniature Christus statue left for each of them from the Easter Bunny.  Kotah and Kenai also each got a new pair of shoes and a pair of pants.  Kaiya got flip flops.  I like keeping Easter focused on Christ and the RESURRECTION of Him.  Through Christ we can all be forgiven of our sins.  We can all know that we will one day be resurrected just as Christ was resurrected after his mortal death.
May we each find the Lord.  May we each look for his love in our daily activities. May we each strive to BE his love for others.  BE an example. Be a GOOD example.  Be a CHRIST-LIKE example to all those around us.  I love the Savior for the Atonement he performed for ME. I know he loves me.  I know he lives.  I know that if we live our lives in a Christ-like manor we too can return to live with Him once again.  He suffered and died so that we could all receive the blessing of eternal life. I hope you all have had a wonderful Easter Sunday and will carry this wonderful spirit throughout the rest of the week, month, year.

No comments: