Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring Break

Spring Break for the Boys
The boys are out of school this week (March 31-April 4).  On Monday they spent the afternoon with my parents since I had to work and Jeremiah wasn't off work yet.


OBVIOUSLY it was a cold outing.... but that didn't stop them from having fun and enjoying one another's company.




My parents took them out to the Bear River Bird Refuge. That night I let the boys play some video games late into the night and then sleep in Kenai's tent downstairs.  I LOVE THE PICTURE ABOVE, it shows just how good of friends my 2 handsome little men are.
Tuesday I was fortunate enough to have been given the day off even though I had originally been scheduled to work.  Right now it is slow with donations so they were wanting to cut some hours.  We had a pretty normal day with cleaning, chores and Kotah's Lacrosse practice later that evening.
 Kotah is the one on the Right in the Orange jersey (above) and #45 pictured below.
Kotah loved soccer, but really didn't like many of the boys he was playing with.  The good players were a bunch of jerks, but the ones he actually liked weren't all that good at playing.... he felt a little lost.  We had already discussed him trying Lacrosse, but we weren't sure how/where/when it was. Back in February he brought home a flier from school telling us all we needed to know... the first week of March "finally" arrived and he has been in LOVE ever since.  He is only in 2nd grade, but there aren't enough his age to form a team...
He is playing on a team with 3rd & 4th graders.  He is picking up the sport rather well.  The coaches like that he is always at the front of the group when they are doing their running.  They've been pleased with how quickly he's gotten the hang of cradling (how they run with the ball in the net part of the stick).  I'm getting so I can actually catch the ball sometimes when trying to play catch with him haha.
His games should start in a few weeks, at which time I'll for sure be posting another great something about his game skills.  I LOVE going to his practices.  I LOVE watching him run around and play with the boys.  I LOVE watching him run over to me after practice, taking his helmet off with the HUGEST smile he's potentially ever had.
This afternoon I took the kids over to my parents so we could make some fun stuff with SALT DOUGH (1 cup Salt, 2 cups Flour, and water added gradually until it has the consistency of bread dough).  Kenai's is a bear, Kaiya's is a snowman (and YES, I helped her...)
Kotah's class has an assignment to create a diorama, for an animal they've been writing a paper on.  Kotah chose the American Buffalo/Bison... he made me write both of those titles for it.  I'm excited to see how it turns out.  It isn't due until the first part of May so he's excited to get to paint what he's already created.
Tonight, after having a wonderfully prepared fish tacos, homemade coleslaw, brown rice kinda dinner we walked over to the park thinking it would be a beautiful ending to the day.
Kenai and Kaiya both wanted to ride their bikes... Jeremiah walked further ahead with the boys while I lagged behind with Kaiya.  Eventually we all made it to the park and enjoyed a good 30-40 minutes of freezing cold FUN!
 Kaiya played on the swings first---- AS ALWAYS ---- the boys ran around and round, the whole time.  I did manage to get them to sit still for a few seconds to capture at least one picture of them.
 They were WAY too excited to get out and break in their new shoes...
I HAD to take Kenai to get some new shoes since his other ones were losing their soles... I took them to Famous Footwear.  After picking out Kenai's shoes (took all of 5 minutes) I decided Kotah really needed new shoes too, and since I got him new cleats at the DI for $4 I was happy to find these for him....
 Kotah's above and Kenai's below...
 Best thing about both of them, they were both on CLEARANCE!!!! Made them more than half off, WOO-HOO Right??? :)


 Kotah was great enough to capture this picture of me and my sweetheart.


 Walking home from the park Kaiya wanted to look through Kotah's binoculars so he picked her up and placed her on his shoulders and walked home with her like this.  THIS is why little girls grow up loving their big brothers.  THIS is why she completed our family.  THIS is why I LOVE MY LIFE!!!
What a fun, memorable day.


No comments: