On Wednesday, February 19th Jeremiah and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. Because I was working late that actual day we decided to get away the previous Saturday, the 15th. That was the last Saturday I had off work, thinking back. We dropped the kids off at my parents in the afternoon and headed up to Park City to stay in a Condo we got from one of Jer's co-workers.
After unloading the bags and knowing where things were we headed back down to the first area just off the freeway. We (really ME) wanted to get something to eat so we thought we'd try....
WORST DECISION EVER. Not only did we pay way too much for way too little, we were still super hungry when we walked out of there... LESSON LEARNED. After that snack we walked over to the movie theater and saw...
Talk about an intense, edge of your seat, "Holy Cow" kinda movie. I didn't like the excessive use of the "F" word over and over (and over), but at the end of the movie it left me feeling proud of the men who dedicate their lives to defending me. I had this overwhelming feeling of WANTING my boys to be part of something like those marines. After the movie we walked around the stores and got some movies we thought we'd watch later. Afterwards it was dinner time. We headed to a small little Indian restaurant a block from our condo...
Good Karma had good food, was small and quaint, and yet we've had better food and service much closer to home... all in all we did NOT do a great job picking places to eat while we were away. After dinner, even though it was pretty cold, we just walked around talking and holding hand (kind of a rarity with Jeremiah). At the end of our walk we found ourselves sitting beside an outdoor fireplace near our condo. It was a nice end to an OK day. We finished cuddling by the fire and heading indoor for a movie, or so we though. We'd purchased Blu-ray and there was only a DVD player so instead we got ready for bed.
We had a nice time away, but seriously how do so many of you leave your kids and go away for days and even weeks at a time. I love my kids so much and since I started working I hate leaving them even more. I am a stay-at-home mom at heart. I always will be, I suppose. BUT sometimes leaving your kids to help provide for them is what's best for them in both the short run as well as the long run. Thanks for the overnighter Jer (and my parents for taking the kids). I'm happier this year than I think I've been in a LONG time. I'm feeling more and more complete as I find myself feeling more and more loved by those closest to me. Here's to another wonderful year. I love you so much, and I'm falling more and more in love with who you're becoming each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment