Thursday, December 5, 2013

Autumn Catch-Up

I am so sorry, I know you all have just been saying "Come on Sharcy, UPDATE ALREADY". Thing is we've been busy, but Jeremiah's been working swing shift this last month so things have been off their schedules.  Where to start...
1- INDOOR SOCCER
The boys have been lucky enough to get their first attempts at playing soccer INDOOR this year.  I was on the hunt for a team for Kotah and he's getting to play with some boys that left AYSO (recreation soccer) for a Competition team this year with soccer started.

He hasn't played great in every game, but he has sure been a beneficial player for them, scoring in almost every game.  He has been able to start practicing (indoor- FUTSOL) with the Rampage soccer teams on Thursday nights and he never wants to leave, I have been impressed with how much more dedicated he seems already to improve is skills for this sport he seems to enjoy so much.
Keep up the hard work Kotah....
Kenai has had a few games where he has scored 4+ goals in a game, as well as a few games where he doesn't touch the ball much at all.  He is loving playing with boys that actually WANT to be playing.  He likes his coach and the boys on the team.  We were lucky enough to have a former neighbor call me about Kenai filling an open spot on a team her son had been asked to play for.  Turns out the coach (his wife anyway) is a girl I played against in softball/soccer during our Jr. High/High School years.

Kenai's team has only lost one game (if I remember right, maybe 2) They've had so much fun.... it is crazy watching the kids running around chasing the ball and not having to be the coach (I like that)

2-TURKEY TROT
I was surprised this year when Kotah kept reminding me that he wanted to participate in the Stake's Turkey Trot.  So on Thanksgiving morning the two of us got out of bed and dressed warm for our adventure (one I did alone last year).




Please ignore my running face, and odd squat to be down right by him, this was a MUSHY MOMMY MOMMENT
He did a GREAT job, finishing his first 5K in 42:07
 
3- SCOUTING
Starting at the age of 8 (in our area) boys are able to join the Scouting Program.  Kotah hit the ground running, he has only been in for 2 full months and he has already received his BOBCAT rank as well as 1/4 of the requirements he will need to fulfill to advance next year on his birthday (he is currently working on getting his WOLF)
Isn't he just the cutest little scout??? I think so too!! :)
 (above) Kotah's car at the Pinewood Derby is the YELLOW one in second place for that race... his car had a 2nd place finish, 3rd place finish and finally a 1st place finish.  He did a great job.

 Waiting for his car to run its races he looked like this pretty much every time.

 He was given the "Predator Award" for his car. 
 At his first Pack Meeting, where he received his BOBCAT award.

This was a fun night for him, me, and my parents to participate in...
We have been seriously so busy I haven't had enough quiet down time to get it all in here.... I'm hoping when Jer goes back on DAYS I'll get that and can finish with the missed posts.


No comments: