Its GREAT to be EIGHT!!
Friday, September 20th was Kotah's 8th Birthday. I made him a nice kind of cake, chocolate with peanut butter frosting (homemade)
Jeremiah took the day off from work so we were all there for him to open his presents before school. We got him a combination BBgun/pellet gun. It is black with camouflage, and he LOVES it. For breakfast it was just Kotah and I up eating his Krispy Kreme donuts. At 7:19 we talked about the morning he was born via emergency C-section and the moments leading up to it resulting in his birth at 7:19AM.
Later that evening we had my parents over for dinner (spaghetti with alfredo sauce and SHRIMP)... he got his own little platter of shrimp while the rest of us had the other, with shrimp in the sauce.
When dinner was over my brother's family and my grandma Bennington came over for cake and ice cream. He got some money as well as 2 different MT. DEWS and a few candy bars... I love that things were kept so simple this year. My parents gave him the little binoculars (above) and my grandma gave him a small Mag Lite with a holder to go on his belt.
We sang Happy Birthday after he blew out the candles and had us some yummy cake and ice cream. Some days I can't believe how fast my life is passing. He was just a little baby teaching me how to be a mother and here we are 8 years later and he is still teaching me everyday. We love you so much Kotah and are so proud of the big boy you are growing into. You are a great example to your friends and family. You can be crazy and loud, yet so quiet and soft spoken when required. You are a joy to have in our family and I couldn't imagine my life without you in it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
No comments:
Post a Comment