Sometimes the hardest thing to do is START what seems impossible...
This course was the one (of three) I didn't do the first time... and after finishing it I couldn't do the other 2 this time.
This was the easiest part...
The loops are different lengths... I'd go up a little with one foot loop and the next one would hang lower, the "brain" part was keeping my harness rope on the same side without getting it tangled in the foot loop ropes.
By the end I was sweating (it was hot YES, but believe it or not this is harder than you imagine it would be) and my forearms were on fire.
I was almost ready to give up when I FINALLY got one foot on the platform, then my other foot... (the picture below) I rested, as best I could before I was able to sit myself up (my abs were exhausted) and I just sat for a minute before jumping down...
WHAT A GREAT FEELING it was to accomplish something I wasn't sure I'd be able to finish.
Last time we came Kenai would get all harnessed up and just hang onto the wall at the very bottom without making any kind of effort to move UP the wall...
...as you can see he got a lot braver this time...
...he still didn't go all the way to the time (like Kotah did 5 or 6 times) but he made it half way which was a huge accomplishment for this little guy.
Jeremiah climbed this obstacle and walked across the beam just like last time, only SUPER FAST THIS TIME
He then went over to this obstacle where there are wooden beams connected with wire ropes (?) the start out about 5 feet apart and as you go higher they get further and further apart.... I did this one first last time we went.
At the very top Jer almost went right over the last board... he saved himself, but not without banging up his arms pretty good.
He then managed to walk on across to the other side.
...his arms were bruised for almost a week after...
Kaiya is too little to actually do any of the courses, but she found her own version of rock climbing by the picnic tables haha
AND... Kotah is our little spider monkey, this is the only time he was on THIS side of the wall because, "The other two ways up are harder and more fun"
Creating fun memories and building confidence in our children (and ourselves)











1 comment:
Ouch! That looks so fun, but the bruises? No thank you! ;)
Post a Comment