One of the places our family always use to go camping was Browne Lake so when I was FINALLY able to take my own kids there I was in heaven. Watching them walk the stream bed from the campground down to the lake and then walking across the dam to the spillway...
(above) Kotah and Kaiya sitting in the parking area for the lake before walking across the dam. (below) Kenai, Kotah and Kaiya at the bottom of the spillway (it is WAY more advanced and engineered than when I was little... it use to just be similar to a waterfall rather than a cement guided water way).
Here are a few pictures of Kaiya walking with my mom... notice the rock(s) in her hand, well that was her thing on this camping trip----> Collecting Rocks :)
Running through our camp ground was this wonderful stream. The kids played in the water in the afternoons and were able to fish in it (learning to FLY FISH) each morning and evening.
One evening we drove on over to Long Park (Kenai fell asleep) I love the picture of Kotah with Kaiya... So cute.
Kaiya liked to follow the fishermen up and down the stream as it wound around the camp... She will hopefully develop a positive perspective of fishing.
(above) Kotah fishing by himself... and the one of his FIRST SOLO Fly Fishing Catch!!! He was so excited, but I was pretty proud myself :)
The last night we were in camp Kenai was able to finally catch his FIRST SOLO Fly Fishing Catch... But he didn't know how to take it off the hook safely so of course Grandpa was right there to assist with that part, and then Kenai released it back into the water.
One the 3rd we drove over to Flaming Gorge Dam and Dutch John (like 4 more miles) to fuel up.... it was $0.50 cheaper to drive that extra few miles before fueling up. My MOM is deathly afraid of heights so having us stand (on the perfectly safe outlook) totally freaked her out... but also just got her started for our future stop at Red Canyon Cliff/Lodge.
We were lucky to get my mom close enough to take our group picture :)
The above picture and lower pictures were taken at a much scarier location... yes there are fences placed to keep people on marked trails and within "safer" distances from cracks and cliffs, but much of it is simply marked by logs placed along the trails to keep you where you should be. To be perfectly honest I was relieved that Kenai was sleeping the whole time so I didn't try to keep 3 kids safe. Kotah was great to stay where I told him and Kaiya didn't leave my grip (I do understand why my mom was so so SO freaked out at the Grand Canyon when we were younger though).
Playing in the center of the stream...
The boys made the rock into their Kayak :)
Kaiya was content with throwing rocks over and over.. and over... and over... :)
Fishing is a hit with my boys... and it renewed my personal enjoyment in the activity :) If you haven't been camping by Spirit Lake, it is a MUST at some time in your life... IT IS WONDERFUL in the High Uintah Mountains :)

























No comments:
Post a Comment