Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011... SUCCESS :)

The "Christmas Eve" pajama present. I love this picture of my kids! The kids all did really well getting ready and going to bed on time (slightly later than most nights) and fell right to sleep.
In the morning I made the traditional Caramel Rolls that my own family has had every Christmas morning since I can remember (we also make Chocolate Rolls, but my boys don't eat that much yet). I got ready then one by one got the kids up and got them all ready for church (minus their clothes, which were down in their closet) before heading down the stairs to see what Santa had brought.

Our Sleeping Beauty


The boys all fed, clean teeth, hair done and ready to see what Santa had left before dressing and heading to church.

Jeremiah likes to block off the basement room where all the gifts are left... that way the kids can't wake up and sneak in before we all get up. This year he wrapped the entrance with wrapping paper. I went in the room first and got the camcorder ready to catch the grand entrance...

The boys busted through the paper and were completely excited to see all the gifts and wanted nothing more than to tare into every last one... but because we were still heading to church Jeremiah and I allowed each of them to open one gift (the ONE wrapped gift from Santa).

Kaiya got a little doll stroller, which she loves to play with and push her dolls around in.

We went to church and had a very nice meeting. Normally we would have been there for a full 3 hours, but since it was Christmas and a Family day we only had the first Hour of services and then we were all able to go home. Jeremiah got 2 gifts this year. His favorite were these shoes. He has NEVER purchased shoes since we've been together (7 years) so this was indeed a fun gift. His other gift was from the kids and that was 2 pairs of slippers and a wonderfully soft bath robe.... HE and I also got a wonderful TV that was already up and being used due to the fact that we bought it without a box.

The only gift I opened that morning was this box of mirrors, some socks and a few different colors of nail polish. Later (On December 29th) I went and bought me some jeans.


All Kenai wanted from Santa was a RED YO-YO... and Santa sure came through for him.

Jeremiah and I got him 2 gifts: this video game "Once Upon a Monster" and a large soft stuffed bear.

This picture is supposed to be of Kotah opening his Santa present... it was a RC Helicopter, army camouflage.

This knight was from Kenai and Kaiya.

Kotah really needed new shoes and this year (because he stays in his shoes for over a year now) we kinda splurged on some really cool ones he LOVED in the store.




After finishing opening gifts at home we spent the day laying around and relaxing until dinner time when we went to my parents' place to visit for a little bit. We were fortunate enough to get some fun gifts from Jer's mom and dad also. The boys got some walkie-talkies, some cool art kits, and our family got a few yard games for this summer YEAH! We got a gift card from Cabela's from Bill/Debra so we were able to get some fun camping things for this summer :)

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Looks like such a fun Christmas! I love the gift wrap on the entrance idea... I'm going to have to remember that one.

The Roholts said...

I love that first picture so much!! We sure love your kiddos!! And guess what, we have "Sticky Buns" at our house in Christmas morning...they look just like what you guys have! Who knew?!

Glad you had a good Christmas!!

Brittany said...

I love the idea of blocking off the door with wrapping paper! That's a great idea, it's like a present just getting to go in the room. :)

Tina said...

Sounds like a successful Christmas! I am impressed that your kids were fed, teeth brushed, hair combed and all before they opened presents! What a good mom! Also, It was so good to run in to you at the mall while we were in town!