For the last several years I have asked Jeremiah to take me and the boys to Temple Square to see the lights at Christmas time. The last 2 years he had been working the swing shift at work so we had to go on a Saturday night or on his Friday night he'd have off... things just never worked. This year with Jeremiah's new work schedule (The DAY shift) we were FINALLY able to start the tradition I've been wanting to start for a while.
Seriously, is there any sight as majestic and beautiful as a House of the Lord? I think not. I was so excited to show the boys the lights and the beauty of the displays of Christ's birth.
Kaiya was such an AWESOME baby... she sat in the stroller all bundled up and sucking on her Binky (most of the time) without a single cry out.
This picture of the boys reminds me of a picture I took of the boys another time we went to see some Christmas lights. I look at this picture and think of how quickly time has gone by these last few years and get all "MOMMY-MOMENT" with my emotions realizing just how quickly the time is going to continue to pass until they are grown boys and adults with children of their own. I could never do anything in my life that would adversely affect them. I LOVE MY CHILDREN, they are the world to me and I would do anything/everything necessary to protect them and guide them in the directions that I feel are best for them and their futures.
I was so happy that Jeremiah was able to take this picture of the two of us. The last time we were at Temple Square (during Christmas time) was the night my brother proposed to Tenisha and we had a picture taken that night too. That was prior to any pregnancy or wedding, and here we are 7 years later still laughing and smiling and fighting for the love we both fell right into back then.
Here are all the kids at the reflecting pond. Jeremiah gave each of the boys a coin to make a wish and toss it into the water.
We were able to get the the temple grounds before the locked the gates that allow you to actually walk up and touch the temple. Kotah is such a little drama king sometimes... case in point haha
After walking around the temple we left the grounds and walked the half a mile or more down to the Gateway Mall to eat at the food court. The boys each ate pizza and Jer and I had a Subway... Kaiya sorta just picked off everybody else's meals. When we were finished there we began our walk back up to Temple Square and finished our look around by going to the North Visitor's Center. The boys loved this statue of the Christus.
Not that I'd expect anyone to know this but downstairs at the North Visitor's Center there is a picture that hangs on the wall... In that picture is MY GRANDFATHER, my Mom's Father. He has been gone from us almost 10 years (in April) and it was a little moving to stand there and realize that my boys had not gotten to meet him, not here on Earth anyway. Jeremiah had never met him and it had been months since I had seen him when he had his accident and fell requiring surgery and never recovered. I was at school in Iowa and my Mom called me to inform me that I was booked on a flight for the following morning to come home (which coincidentally was the same day my brother was coming home from his mission)... It is never easy to say good bye to someone that you love, but my life was in shambles at that time anyway so it was just that much harder.
Seriously, is there any sight as majestic and beautiful as a House of the Lord? I think not. I was so excited to show the boys the lights and the beauty of the displays of Christ's birth.
Kaiya was such an AWESOME baby... she sat in the stroller all bundled up and sucking on her Binky (most of the time) without a single cry out.
This picture of the boys reminds me of a picture I took of the boys another time we went to see some Christmas lights. I look at this picture and think of how quickly time has gone by these last few years and get all "MOMMY-MOMENT" with my emotions realizing just how quickly the time is going to continue to pass until they are grown boys and adults with children of their own. I could never do anything in my life that would adversely affect them. I LOVE MY CHILDREN, they are the world to me and I would do anything/everything necessary to protect them and guide them in the directions that I feel are best for them and their futures.
I was so happy that Jeremiah was able to take this picture of the two of us. The last time we were at Temple Square (during Christmas time) was the night my brother proposed to Tenisha and we had a picture taken that night too. That was prior to any pregnancy or wedding, and here we are 7 years later still laughing and smiling and fighting for the love we both fell right into back then.
Here are all the kids at the reflecting pond. Jeremiah gave each of the boys a coin to make a wish and toss it into the water.
We were able to get the the temple grounds before the locked the gates that allow you to actually walk up and touch the temple. Kotah is such a little drama king sometimes... case in point haha
After walking around the temple we left the grounds and walked the half a mile or more down to the Gateway Mall to eat at the food court. The boys each ate pizza and Jer and I had a Subway... Kaiya sorta just picked off everybody else's meals. When we were finished there we began our walk back up to Temple Square and finished our look around by going to the North Visitor's Center. The boys loved this statue of the Christus.
Not that I'd expect anyone to know this but downstairs at the North Visitor's Center there is a picture that hangs on the wall... In that picture is MY GRANDFATHER, my Mom's Father. He has been gone from us almost 10 years (in April) and it was a little moving to stand there and realize that my boys had not gotten to meet him, not here on Earth anyway. Jeremiah had never met him and it had been months since I had seen him when he had his accident and fell requiring surgery and never recovered. I was at school in Iowa and my Mom called me to inform me that I was booked on a flight for the following morning to come home (which coincidentally was the same day my brother was coming home from his mission)... It is never easy to say good bye to someone that you love, but my life was in shambles at that time anyway so it was just that much harder.

1 comment:
Kaiya looks so cute all bundled up! I have a picture of Zack and I when we were first dating on that same wall you took your boys' picture at. I would love to go back for a reshoot! It always amazes me how much a relationship can change (mostly good) in such a short time.
I'm going to look for your grandpa next time I'm down there.
Post a Comment